+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: The ZenZone Migration discussion thread

Default The ZenZone Migration discussion thread

I received this message from Ken this afternoon. Here is my private exchange.

It looks like the Zen Zone is being phased out. The floor is open for comments. zg
    Quote Originally Posted by KenSmith
    Hey zg,
    I would like to migrate the Zen Zone to a separate site at ZenZoneForum.com, move over the messages and users, and set you up as moderator.

A link to the new forum would still be present in the message board here for a few months.

Thoughts?

I hope to make a decision before the end of this month while I can get special pricing on another vBulletin license.

P.S. Expect delays in responses from me as I will be without net access for much of this week.
    Do you mind if I initiate a discussion thread about this and see what the others say?

Is this due to pressure you are receiving, ie the Zionist criticism?
    Quote Originally Posted by KenSmith
    Sure. Post a thread.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Default Huh?

I don't get it. Speak plainly so us slower guys can catch on.
    There Is No Second Place Winner ...even if your not brusque and merely informative.

Damnation! It looks like The Man has gotten to Ken.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out just how far one can go.

We cannot direct the wind, we can only adjust our sails.

Quote Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
    Damnation! It looks like The Man has gotten to Ken.
    IS ZG associated with FOX news?
    There Is No Second Place Winner ...even if your not brusque and merely informative.

Quote Originally Posted by daddybo View Post
    I don't get it. Speak plainly so us slower guys can catch on.

Either Ken is hoping to cash in on the Zones success by spinning it off or The Man doesn't want the Zone around no more.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out just how far one can go.

We cannot direct the wind, we can only adjust our sails.

Default Air change

ZenZoneForum.com huh? Proudly sponsored by Zionism Inc., Remember Liberty Foundation, The Israel Lobby, Happy AMA Vaccinations, and 9/11 Whoop it up Mossad Friendly Fire Club. Does this mean the free ride is now over, and to continue to get Zen-educated, we might have to pay by the word or something? Evolution rolls on I guess. Luckily, we all embrace change here. Right dudes? Grrumphhhh.
    Dogma schmogma

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    It looks like the Zen Zone is being phased out.
    Phased out of BJINFO, I meant to say. zg
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

Default Controversial

Anytime you talk about controversial subjects, particularly religion and politics, you are guaranteed to piss off half of all the people all the time. Some people are "thin-skinned" and easily offended by anyone that provokes a train of thought that strikes a nerve with them. I have seen this sort of behavior even in people that are very intellectual that I thought "were above all that". They will not view it objectively or see it as an opportunity to share thoughts on a given subject but look at it as some sort of "personal attack", even if it is not intended as such and even if you lay the information out in a way that depicts you as neutral on the given subject, taking no sides and merely throwing some information out there to be evaluated.

If this is the reasoning for moving the ZenZone to elsewhere, then it is inhibiting expression of thoughts for evaluation on these various subjects, whether mundane or controversial simply due to "Gee, you can't please all the people all the time", which is flat out wrong. Besides, I am still waiting for the follow up on the conspiracy theory concerning the aliens from the planet Zoltar imbedding some of the President of Iran's DNA into water buffalo in southern Asia which in turn are causing an economic collapse in northern Argentina, making silver bullion values go off the chart within the next 14 months!
    Last edited by Tarzan; October 20th, 2009 at 03:50 AM.

Default Tarzan blockbuster conspiracy movie

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Anytime you talk about controversial subjects, particularly religion and politics, you are guaranteed to piss off half of all the people all the time. Some people are "thin-skinned" and easily offended by anyone that provokes a train of thought that strikes a nerve with them. I have seen this sort of behavior even in people that are very intellectual that I thought "were above all that". They will not view it objectively or see it as an opportunity to share thoughts on a given subject but look at it as some sort of "personal attack", even if it is not intended as such and even if you lay the information out in a way that depicts you as neutral on the given subject, taking no sides and merely throwing some information out there to be evaluated.

If this is the reasoning for moving the ZenZone to elsewhere, then it is inhibiting expression of thoughts for evaluation on these various subjects, whether mundane or controversial simply due to "Gee, you can't please all the people all the time", which is flat out wrong. Besides, I am still waiting for the follow up on the conspiracy theory concerning the aliens from the planet Zoltar imbedding some of the President of Iran's DNA into water buffalo in southern Asia which in turn are causing an economic collapse in northern Argentina, making silver bullion values go off the chart within the next 14 months!
    That is the weirdest, craziest conspiracy I ever saw... But gee it makes sense. It would make a great movie starring an aging Bruce Willis. Can you begin the script? And better copyright it before someone steals your great blockbuster ideas... How lucky are we to read stuff like this, while the Zen Zone is still pulsing.
    Dogma schmogma

Default Alarming

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    I received this message from Ken this afternoon. Here is my private exchange.

It looks like the Zen Zone is being phased out. The floor is open for comments. zg

Do you mind if I initiate a discussion thread about this and see what the others say?

Is this due to pressure you are receiving, ie the Zionist criticism?
    Zen,

The reach of the special interest groups has now quenched the free exchange of the political thought of this community.

It is clear to me what has happened. You never attacked Jews but Zionism and the plight of Palestinians as well as the extreme power of the Israeli Lobby in the US.

I have found this topic very interesting as it parralells the loss of homeland of my tribe, the Northern Cheyenne.

I would like to INVITE both Ken and Zen to the upcoming "BJ BASH" so that they and the throng of attendees from this site may voice their thoughts on this matter in the security and comfort of our Hospitality Suite. I think this would be a FINE gesture on the part of Ken to support this third get together of players from his site and Zen who was also instrumental in the success of BJ Info.

Let us all come together to speak freely and face to face as we discuss this most alarming turn of events that goes right to the heart of our basic freedoms and the security of this very country.

I am sure Ken and Zen have been under great pressure and it is up to us, loyal site members to come to their aid.

CP
    Last edited by creeping panther; October 20th, 2009 at 07:19 AM.
    "Midwest Masters Of Advantage", "Strength and Honor."

Default Freedom of expression

I cannot comprehend the reasons the ZenZone would be discontinued. I think it would be a great disservice to the site in general to eliminate this improtant avenue of thought provoking, issue raising and discussions of those issues. Yes we all get offended at some point and some may even take it personnally but, that is freedom of speech and expression. I think the moderators here have been doing a good job when it gets out of hand. I hope this is just a bump in the road and is not seriously being considered. If it comes to a vote I want to keep it. Go ZG.
    " That we may meet in a better place after this!"

Thanks, especially to BCJim, one of our more strident Christian supporters of Israel.

I have asked Ken to weigh in here and tell us his thoughts and the 'plan' he has to divorce ZZ from BJINFO. It may be that ZZ is pulling enough search traffic to support its own base profitably, I don't know. I think Ken wanted to discuss this privately, but I always felt that ZZ was a community, and not being a moderator my immediate reaction was to throw this to the floor for comments... maybe I should have engaged Ken in private dialog first. zg

I wonder if the ZG Interview will remain? zg

I’m in favor of keeping the ZenZone right here where it is. Not saying it will happen here, but the last site to dump the ZenZone came to a bad end.

Over at 2+2 they have at least three different forums for discussing the sort of things that are ZZone material. Seems like we ought to be able to keep the ZenZone.

For anyone who is upset about the things discussed here, there is a simple solution: Stay out!

I'd vote to keep the ZZ (free speech and all that) although I can understand why Ken Smith has decided it needs to find a new home - a lot of the stuff posted here tends to represent the views of just one contributor, complemented by a relatively small number of responders, and is sometimes inaccurate, occasionally offensive and goes beyond being a satirical commentary on current affairs or discussions of "off the wall" stuff.

The departure of the ZZ from BJinfo could be seen as being the price to be paid for abusing the facility by individuals failing to exercise a reasonable degree of self-regulation - something that's easily overlooked with the anonymity that the 'net allows. A great shame.

+ Reply to Thread