+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The ZenZone Migration discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by joerblack View Post
    What Zen did was what advantage players do and his Federal rap was because his cumulative win was too large.

His defense should have been that being smart and using your brain shouldn't be a criminal offense.
    exactly.
    There Is No Second Place Winner ...even if your not brusque and merely informative.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Ken, would you consider leaving the ZZ alone, and request that topics of religion be discussed elsewhere or in private? Politics by itself is an enjoyable passtime for many.
    Religion as opposed to spirituality. zg
    Last edited by zengrifter; October 23rd, 2009 at 11:46 PM.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    In retrospect, it may have been shortsighted that [Ken} clipped the SEO on Zzone without notice - because more traffic overall would have supported the slight drop in the BJ SERPs - and a percentage of those kind of visitors would have interest in BJ nevertheless. zg
    Ken - The million dollar question is - why on Google does Hit-Stand with
    only 8000 backlinks out rank BJINFO with nearly 50,000 backlinks? zg
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    Too bad there is no moderator that could be found to cut Ken out of the chore of dealing with ZZ-generated problems, someone who was more into the politics/religion/freedom of speech sort of thing and therefore found it worth the effort. But absent someone to take the burden off Ken's shoulders, I see no answer other than to bid a fond farewell to ZZ, and hope it does well wherever it winds up.
    I nominate Brother Aslan and Brother Shadroch as co-moderators. zg

Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

The only positive I can see from losing the ZZ is that a few posters will hopefully take their blogs elsewhere.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out just how far one can go.

We cannot direct the wind, we can only adjust our sails.

Can all the banned members come to your new forum after all most of us are nothing but a bunch of misfits that bitch about everthing in life and think we are an expert on everthing. We should all fir in like a glove !

I took it you were joking about the fact that Brother Shadroch and I never agree on anything. Ergo, we would make the world's worst co-moderators.

But just in case: If I ever have reached the level of moderator intervention I was never told about it, or I have conveniently forgotten. A person needs to be apprised of their unacceptable behavior before they can be expected to modify it. I don't relish the role of providing Ken with any additional headaches. I appreciate the good job he has done in providing us the best advantage player site on the web.
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Quote Originally Posted by bro View Post
    Can all the banned members come to your new forum after all most of us are nothing but a bunch of misfits that bitch about everthing in life and think we are an expert on everthing. We should all fir in like a glove !
    InPlay is that you?
    There Is No Second Place Winner ...even if your not brusque and merely informative.

If they want ot get you they're going to get you. They have a lot of power.

I had an acquaintance who made billions for the Hearst organization. His hobby was the M-1 rifle, the gun that won the war. He got caught importing a crate of M-1 parts through Canada to go in his collection, a tribute he was building to the M-1. Whether the mis-marked crate was an accident or not, I don't know. An ambitious justice dept attorney was looking for a feather in his cap and pushed for a trial. Then my friend smarted off to the judge who sent him to prison for ten years where he died of cancer about three years ago. Here's a man who posed absolutely no threat to anyone. His ten-year sentence was for smarting off to a Federal judge. That's a pretty stiff penalty for refusing to play the game. I don't say he was right--I just want to point out what power the Feds have if they don't like you or the way you part your hair.
    Sad, but there are many citizens in jail for making innocent mistakes or circumventing laws they see as unfair or unjustified. Many times when another law is passed, it has the unintended consequence of making criminals out of otherwise honest people.

P.S. Are you referring to the Carbine or the Garand? One of my kids has a thing for the carbine and other WWII weapons... he just picked up one the other day. There is an Army depot near here where you can buy them straight from the gummit. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by daddybo View Post
    Sad, but there are many citizens in jail for making innocent mistakes or circumventing laws they see as unfair or unjustified. Many times when another law is passed, it has the unintended consequence of making criminals out of otherwise honest people.

P.S. Are you referring to the Carbine or the Garand? One of my kids has a thing for the carbine and other WWII weapons... he just picked up one the other day. There is an Army depot near here where you can buy them straight from the gummit. Go figure.
    As I recall, it was the carbine which he fondly referred to as "the gun that won the war." He was building an M-1 memorial or museum. The crate contained parts, not enough to build a working M-1, just to repair them. The crate was marked something like "spare parts," and did not disclose the nature of those parts. I don't know whether it was a deliberate or an inadvertent mistake. The sentence did not seem to fit the crime, especially with his sterling business reputation with Hearst and the purpose for the parts. As I recall, and it's fuzzy, the controversy cost him his job (call it early retirement), although he was in his sixties or early seventies so it was not too bad timing-wise. I remember talking to him on the phone and he wondering if I knew anyone in Washington who might help him. Funny how people think because you work for the government in Washington you automatically know the President or others of great power or influence. Sorry I couldn't help him. He might be alive today.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

I took it you were joking about the fact that Brother Shadroch and I never agree on anything. Ergo, we would make the world's worst co-moderators.
    Disagree, it would be like having two ZZ moderators, one from each side of the aisle. zg

All moderators are jack-booted thugs. zg
    If you have want freedom of speech why do you feel you have the need to have moderators ? Moderators squash ones thoughts if they don't go along with their ideas and beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by bro View Post
    If you have want freedom of speech why do you feel you have the need to have moderators ? Moderators squash ones thoughts if they don't go along with their ideas and beliefs.
    Good moderators are good referees. zg

Ps - I am uncomfortable with you on this thread. Who are you? Are you from around here, stranger?
    Pss - Please immediately remove the Nazi soldier image from your previous reply.
    Last edited by zengrifter; October 24th, 2009 at 09:48 PM.

All moderators are jack-booted thugs. zg
    Gee! Thanks for nominating me! Name:  niko_saddampropaganda2.gif
Views: 111
Size:  3.5 KB
    Last edited by aslan; October 24th, 2009 at 10:23 PM.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

+ Reply to Thread