+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The ZenZone Migration discussion thread

I forgot to mention... My idea of spinning off ZZ would leave intact the Anything Else forum but prohibit posts about politics and religion there.

Also, some of the arguments in favor of leaving the ZenZone in place were well-stated. This decision is not a done deal. I'm still considering pros and cons.

Default question for Ken

So your telling me the tree octopus isn't for real ?

Kinda what I figured. Thanks for the straight talk. It's always appreciated. (even in the Zone)
    There Is No Second Place Winner ...even if your not brusque and merely informative.

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    I like to discuss the aspects of what makes a good metal album - should we have a forum for that?
    Zzone asks a question: What is the connection between Metal and Satanism? zg
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Quote Originally Posted by daddybo View Post
    Not wanting my dog in this fight, I hesitate. For the record.. I don't know "everything" that went on.. but what Zen did in the telecom thing was gaming the system (aquiring the licenses). Definitely advantage play.. and another reason for less government invlovement in Biz. Absolutely brilliant.
    Another reason to go to jail.
    Last edited by zengrifter; December 12th, 2010 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KenSmith View Post
    I forgot to mention... My idea of spinning off ZZ would leave intact the Anything Else forum but prohibit posts about politics and religion there.
    Hmmm, no politics or religion. What next, no opinion of health matters, mandatory vaccines, destructive conventional cancer treatment, etc.

The problem is ... ITS ALL politics and religion, once you pierce the veil.

You could call it the Anything But, or the Almost Anything, or the Anything Except Whats Important, or...

Ken just to be fully candid with us - how much of this has been aggravated by the Zionist criticism?

Also - Are you now or have you ever been a member of the Freemasons or any secret or semi-secret society?
    Also, some of the arguments in favor of leaving the ZenZone in place were well-stated. This decision is not a done deal. I'm still considering pros and cons.
    Without the Zzone, and with a strict censorship of the Anything Else forum, relegated to jokes and human interest, BJINFO will have lost some of its intellectual capital.

Also, and just for the record (for others following), the Zzone was by popular demand and not a result of my own request - I even lobbied for a different name - the Ether Zone. zg
    Last edited by zengrifter; October 24th, 2009 at 04:13 AM.
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

2) Search traffic to ZZ is a non-issue. Shortly after ZZ launched, the ranking of BJI dropped slightly at Google for blackjack-related keywords. As a result, I implemented a change that prevented the ZenZone from being indexed by the search engines.
    That is one good reason why Zzone might enjoy a departure, we never knew our SEO wings were clipped here. With the shackles removed it just might soar. zg
    Last edited by zengrifter; October 23rd, 2009 at 07:36 PM.

(He does himself no favors with false statements like those eariler in this thread implying that "we" checked the ad stats.)
    Whooa, we didn't say "checked BJINFO ad stats" - we said "ran some stats" - and partly based on the erroneous points raised by someone that Zzone brings in SE traffic. It came down to common sense.

In retrospect, it may have been shortsighted that you clipped the SEO on Zzone without notice - because more traffic overall would have supported the slight drop in the BJ SERPs - and a percentage of those kind of visitors would have interest in BJ nevertheless. zg

6) I'm all for free speech and the open discussion of ideas, whether I agree with the points made or not. But I am acutely aware that those who drop by for a quick visit may leave here with the idea that I endorse or agree with what gets posted here. In the blackjack forums, you guys do a tremendous job of debunking any nonsense that gets posted. In the ZZ, it's pretty much all nonsense, isn't it?
    No, actually its not - its the most important things facing all of us today. zg

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    I'm feeling abused here, but here is a more relevant link -
    The biggest telemarketing sting in U.S. history
    I already knew all that. (JSTATs as well). If you can't appreciate the cleverness of it... well.. let's just say You don't get it.

P.S. the fed uses rico anytime they can't figure out any other way to get you.
    Last edited by daddybo; October 23rd, 2009 at 09:12 PM.
    There Is No Second Place Winner ...even if your not brusque and merely informative.

What I got out of Ken's posts is that basically the Zen Zone is not his cup of tea, and given the amount of controversy generated by ZZ that he must personally attend to, he would just as soon get rid of it.

If Ken liked the ZZ sort of thing, like he does blackjack, my guess is that he would probably keep it. But imagining myself in his shoes, I think I would do the same thing as Ken is proposing.

Too bad there is no moderator that could be found to cut Ken out of the chore of dealing with ZZ-generated problems, someone who was more into the politics/religion/freedom of speech sort of thing and therefore found it worth the effort. But absent someone to take the burden off Ken's shoulders, I see no answer other than to bid a fond farewell to ZZ, and hope it does well wherever it winds up.

No hard feelings, Ken. It must have been hell settling controversies over things you had no interest in to begin with. You probably waited too long to do this. Thanks for staying with it as long as you did.

No hard feelings, ZG. I have enjoyed the past two years in the Zen Zone, and found you to be a friendly and fair-minded host. Anyway, I trust you are staying in BJINFO for non-ZZ purposes, so it not like this is a real farewell; I have always treasured you insights into the dark and nefarious practice of card counting and other such occult practices. And we still have Anything Else But in which to share wisdom regarding healthy living, investing, and everything else but politics and religion.

For those forum members who provided Ken with headaches (I may be one), I hope you're happy. If we had done a better job policing ourselves, I imagine this day would never have come. But I am sure some of you are saying, "Good riddance to the Zen Zone!" and this is what really saddens me.

Thank you Ken and ZG and all the bright minds that I have had the honor and pleasure of knowing and debating here in the Zen Zone. It's been challenging, enlightening, frustrating, punishing, and rewarding. Overall it's been fun.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Ken, would you consider leaving the ZZ alone, and request that topics of religion be discussed elsewhere or in private? Politics by itself is an enjoyable passtime for many.
    Last edited by Brutus; October 23rd, 2009 at 09:42 PM.

Default Advantage Player

I already knew all that. (JSTATs as well). If you can't appreciate the cleverness of it... well.. let's just say You don't get it.

What Zen did was what advantage players do and his Federal rap was because his cumulative win was too large.

His defense should have been that being smart and using your brain shouldn't be a criminal offense.

If they want ot get you they're going to get you. They have a lot of power.

I had an acquaintance who made billions for the Hearst organization. His hobby was the M-1 rifle, the gun that won the war. He got caught importing a crate of M-1 parts through Canada to go in his collection, a tribute he was building to the M-1. Whether the mis-marked crate was an accident or not, I don't know. An ambitious justice dept attorney was looking for a feather in his cap and pushed for a trial. Then my friend smarted off to the judge who sent him to prison for ten years where he died of cancer about three years ago. Here's a man who posed absolutely no threat to anyone. His ten-year sentence was for smarting off to a Federal judge. That's a pretty stiff penalty for refusing to play the game. I don't say he was right--I just want to point out what power the Feds have if they don't like you or the way you part your hair.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    His ten-year sentence was for smarting off to a Federal judge. That's a pretty stiff penalty for refusing to play the game. I don't say he was right--I just want to point out what power the Feds have if they don't like you or the way you part your hair.
    Its a brave new America... or is it same old same old? zg

+ Reply to Thread