+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: The ZenZone Migration discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Let me give you an example. I personally know someone who is a police officer who told me directly to my face when the September 11th attacks happened, he blamed it on Israel and the Jews. Why you ask? Because he had heard many times that Israel had far too much control over US foreign policy and as a result, Osama Bin Laden decided to take his anger out on the USA. From there, he grew to hate Jews more and more.
    For every one of him, there are a thousand whose hatred went the other way. Ergo Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran; ergo the destruction of the credibility of and confidence in this nation; ergo the withdrawal from its currency and treasuries by the world; ergo its ultimate ruination.

What is so amazing to me that for a very young country, and so tiny (if you didnt know its just a bit larger then NJ 7,787 sq miles vs 10,762 sq miles) you would think the way the general population talks, that every Jewish person in the world lived there.

It's a country of many religions. It's the birth place of many religions. Jewish is a religion not a nationality.

People say Israel when they mean Jewish, others say Jewish people when they mean the COUNTRY Israel.

What happened to Israel 60 yrs ago not only took over 5,000 years to establish for the Jewish people, but also provided this country, the USA, an observation post for the middle east. This is a very valuable commodity which never gets taken into consideration.

What happened to Native Americans was a sin as well, although the end result may not be fair, the lands given to the Native Americans far out numbers the small piece of land created as Israel. I don't see anyone bashing the Indian reservations for holding some of the most valuable land and resources in the country in addition to policing their lands as if it was it's own country.

Providing the bandwidth can handle the increased threads generated without impacting the stability of the BJInfo site, The Zen Zone should remain here based on the freedoms this countries founding fathers fought for.

BJC

Quote Originally Posted by Canceler View Post
    That's funny, I thought Ken was being rather open-minded, and maybe even a little adventurous, by allowing the ZZone to be here.
    BTW, the traditional term is not "septic mess", it's "cesspool of hatred".
    ZG's Cesspool of Hatred, here at the WBPITTW. zg
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Yes by bashing, I mean criticizing. As I mentioned, when you criticize something over and over again, it can often lead to hatred of that thing. It's propaganda for dummies. Unfortunately while many people on this board do possess the intelligence to not easily fall for it, there are some who are impressionable.
    I know. I cringe every time I hear you bash Iran, Palestinians, Ahmadinejead, etc. zg
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

Usually it's in defense of what you've posted about Israel. I don't think I've started a single thread criticizing any of them and if I have, it's probably 2 or less.

Usually it's in defense of what you've posted about Israel. I don't think I've started a single thread criticizing any of them and if I have, it's probably 2 or less.
    There ARE a few, more than 2, and they generally look like this -
    Hamas breaks the truce with Israel
    They really don't give a rat's ass about their civilians.
    All they care about is violence and more violence.

Palestinians face EXECUTION for selling lands to Israelis
    It shows you very clearly that the Palestinians don't value life at all.
    Whereas mine generally look like this -

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    There ARE a few, more than 2, and they generally look like this -
    Hamas breaks the truce with Israel
    They really don't give a rat's ass about their civilians.
    All they care about is violence and more violence.

Palestinians face EXECUTION for selling lands to Israelis
    It shows you very clearly that the Palestinians don't value life at all.
    Whereas mine generally look like this -
    I'm not going to apologize for bashing a TERRORIST organization whose charter calls for the destruction of Israel. I'd bash any organization or country or person who wanted to wipe out Israel. In addition, I backed up what I said with the most credible sources there are in journalism and actual events that took place, not with some hack's interpretation of things.
    Last edited by Thunder; October 22nd, 2009 at 02:12 AM.

I'd bash any organization or country or person who wanted to wipe out Israel.
    Yes, you referred to Ahmadinejead more than once, though its proven he never "threatened to wipe Israel off the map," but you have perpetuated that inflammatory sound bite, knowingly or unknowingly. zg

I already proved to you that he did say he'd wipe off Israel from the map, so I'm done arguing that. I also showed many other inflammatory comments he made to Israel so drop it.

Now now guys . . . surely enough? Unless Ken Smith has a change of heart the ZZ at BJInfo is history.

Look at it from his perspective - if I were the "owner" of BJInfo, I'd be embarrassed by some of the biased and offensive material that has been posted on the site as well, and I don't think anyone can blame him for wanting to draw it to a close. Want to publish a criticism of the Israelis and their foreign policy? Fine. Want to populate the ZZ with floods of anti-Israeli, anti-Zionist propaganda? You probably need to be somewhere else. It's a matter of degree.

In the year I have been a member of the site ZG has posted more stuff in the ZZ re Israel, Zionism etc etc than he has on any other subject or any aspect of playing BJ. I suspect this, together with the fact that KS's name is on the top of the sheet under which all of this shows, is one reason why his patience has worn thin. Who can blame him?

Quote Originally Posted by newb99 View Post
    Now now guys . . . surely enough? Unless Ken Smith has a change of heart the ZZ at BJInfo is history. ... KS's name is on the top of the sheet under which all of this shows, is one reason why his patience has worn thin. Who can blame him?
    The criticism of Israel/Zionism is not the biggest subject matter, except when taken in the context of the Middle East overall.

Ken has had ample time, a long time, to shoot me a message to "tone down" the Zionist criticism, if that were an issue. I don't think its that, afterall I asked him point blank. And he is not one to be shy about what goes and doesn't go at the site.

I'm sure its something else and when he has a moment he'll explain the idea about moving the ZZ.

From ZenZone's launch charter 6/6/06 -
    Last edited by zengrifter; October 22nd, 2009 at 03:55 AM.

A lot of people here seem to be taking this as an attempt to remove some of their rights and freedoms. I don't.
    I've never understood the purpose of having 'The Zen Zone'. This is a Blackjack and gambling site and the TZZ just seems completely out of place. Honestly i feel it just dialutes the content of the site
    There are plenty of places online to discuss the theories that are presented here that are far more appropriate than bjinfo - more than that, there is absolutely nothing to stop Zen setting up his own The Zen Boards. The people who post regularly in TZZ i'm sure would be more than happy to follow zg to his own site - he certainly has built his reputation within the community to a level that he's far from unknown.
    TZZ makes a much sense to me here as a forum to discuss the finer aspects of classical opera on a DIY construction site.
    Far from looking on this a censorship zg, i think you should be looking on this as an opportunity to headline you own show rather than have a sketch in this one. And from what i've picked out KS has even offered to pay for this site for you.

RJT.

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    A lot of people here seem to be taking this as an attempt to remove some of their rights and freedoms. I don't.
    I've never understood the purpose of having 'The Zen Zone'. This is a Blackjack and gambling site and the TZZ just seems completely out of place. Honestly i feel it just dialutes the content of the site
    There are plenty of places online to discuss the theories that are presented here that are far more appropriate than bjinfo - more than that, there is absolutely nothing to stop Zen setting up his own The Zen Boards. The people who post regularly in TZZ i'm sure would be more than happy to follow zg to his own site - he certainly has built his reputation within the community to a level that he's far from unknown.
    TZZ makes a much sense to me here as a forum to discuss the finer aspects of classical opera on a DIY construction site.
    Far from looking on this a censorship zg, i think you should be looking on this as an opportunity to headline you own show rather than have a sketch in this one. And from what i've picked out KS has even offered to pay for this site for you.
    Thanks, those all seemed like salient point without bias.
    You're not biased are you, RJT? zg

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Thanks, those all seemed like salient point without bias.
    You're not biased are you, RJT? zg
    Actually Zen i'm not on this one - you know my views on TZZ, but the boards presence here makes little difference either way - i rarely venture in here.
    It just seems to me that if you want to discuss political issues, perhaps you would be better off with a site targetted to your discussion topic. It certainly wouldn't stop your continued contribution here.
    I can't really grasp what all the flap is about when you are being offered your own board to do what you like with on someone else's penny.

RJT.

You either get it, or you don't. Kinda like republicans and dem's....

+ Reply to Thread