+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Jesus a Myth?

Quote Originally Posted by callipygian View Post
    Any argument along the lines of "later Christians made stuff up to suit political needs" is pretty much a conspiracy theory (Zen Zone irony noted).
    If it wasn't perverted, corrupted, and mythologized right from the beginning, for earthly political reasons, there would not have been any need to re-date the Beloved Divine Savior's birthday, to overlay it on established pagan solstice. If there were any sincerity whatsoever, how could such a miraculous auspicious day not be respected? zg
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Is Jesus God? Yes. Absolutely.
    In that case the foundation for Christianity and Jesus's ultimate sacrifice is a hoax. God in all is omnipotence cannot die, therefore there was no real crucifixion, thus what was really sacrificed? Not to mention since when does human sacrifice make a wrong a right? But thats neither here no there, because as was stated, no real human was sacrificed. Even if God allowed his human form destroyed is that really any sacrifice? Its all smoke and mirrors folks. If you were to believe the story, its nothing more than a magic trick. Does a magician really saw a woman in half, does he really suspend natures laws by levitating? No but if he did, it would be REAL magic and not just an illusion. And if Jesus was just a man and not God maybe it might have been a REAL sacrifice. In the end it doesn't matter much, its all just speculation of myth.

A better question would be what would Jesus think of todays churchs and what they have done in his name.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out just how far one can go.

We cannot direct the wind, we can only adjust our sails.

Quote Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
    A better question would be what would Jesus think of todays churchs and what they have done in his name.
    You might find the answer to that question here:
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...0;&version=15;

And you can find an example of the principle here:
    http://www.columbia.edu/cu/augustine/arch/teresa94.html

How many instances of churches that disregard these principles can you cite? There are many, I am sure, but the good ones far outnumber the bad.

Default Silly Mortal Men

I'll have to give you that one Shad. I'm sure it's a big reason some folks have such a problem with religion in general. I think all churches/denominations are misguided some of the time and some are misguided all of the time. But personally, I attribute that to the sinful nature of man. If you think about it, that's why the whole concept of grace was established. Thank you Jesus!

And yes... put me down for Jesus=God=Holy Spirit-- 3 in 1
    There Is No Second Place Winner ...even if your not brusque and merely informative.

Quote Originally Posted by preacher View Post
    Is Jesus God? Yes. Absolutely.

I have a question for ya’ll. Where’d all the anger/hostility come from? I love the debate, don’t get me wrong. I wouldn't be here if I couldn't stand the heat - I love debating more than I love blackjack. But, it seems that there is a slight undercurrent of meanness in some of the sarcasm. Would you be surprised, would your world crumble, if it turns out that Jesus is God and He is the Savior of the world?
    If it were proven that Jesus is God, would some people have to change their lives? Is it convenient to lambaste Christianity with all one's anger and vitriol, so that if one can "prove" Christianity is false, it gives one's accusing conscience some relief? Is that what is hoped for? I don't know, Preacher--you got me on that one.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by daddybo View Post
    I'll have to give you that one Shad. I'm sure it's a big reason some folks have such a problem with religion in general. I think all churches/denominations are misguided some of the time and some are misguided all of the time. But personally, I attribute that to the sinful nature of man. If you think about it, that's why the whole concept of grace was established. Thank you Jesus!

And yes... put me down for Jesus=God=Holy Spirit-- 3 in 1
    Jesus Christ = The Incarnate Son of God

God, the Son = God, the Father = God, the Holy Spirit = the Triune God

One God in Three Divine Persons

Each Person alone is God fully and completely

Yet there is but one God

If you understand it, then I must tell you that you don't understand it. That's why it is called a mystery.

It is beyond human comprehension. Maz will like that. For him, if you can't touch it, smell it, taste it, hear it, or see it, it ain't real. That's what I call limited vision--that is, believing that there is nothing outside one's ordinary senses.

That is why I invite him and anyone else to be born again so they can have a new set of senses, spiritual senses, that can know God. Before one can know God, they must believe in God. The only way they can believe in God is to ask Him for and receive the gift of faith.

But if they really want the full blown set of spiritual senses, they need to pray for the gift of the Holy Spirit within them. Jesus said He must leave so that the Holy Spirit could come. When you have received the Holy Spirit (some call it the fullness of the Spirit, or the release of the Spirit), which was commonplace for everyone that Paul, the Apostle, preached to, you will feel, taste, hear, smell and see it all on the spiritual plane. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Now when the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent them Peter and John, who came down and prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. For He had not yet fallen upon any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Then they began laying their hands on them, and they were receiving the Holy Spirit. Acts 8:14-17
    Last edited by aslan; May 30th, 2009 at 09:47 AM.
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    One God in Three Divine Persons

Each Person alone is God fully and completely

Yet there is but one God
    As in the Hindu Trimurti -

The Trimurti of the three Hindu Gods:
    Brahmā, Viṣṇu, and Śiva (left to right).

SEE -
    Trimurti
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

Default Jesus said

What would Jesus say when he found out he is a myth?
    Dogma schmogma

Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    My late friend Marylin Ferguson channeled Yeshua* many times -
    He was very candid about the current-times Christians and their failure to "get it". zg

*See ZGI page 30.

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    As in the Hindu Trimurti -

The Trimurti of the three Hindu Gods:
    Brahmā, Viṣṇu, and Śiva (left to right).

SEE -
    Trimurti
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    No, not as Hindu defines it.

From your url reference:
    Early western students of Hinduism were impressed by the parallel between the Hindu trinity and that of Christianity. In fact the parallel is not very close, and the Hindu trinity, unlike the Holy Trinity of Christianity, never really "caught on". All Hindu trinitarianism tended to favor one god of the three; thus, from the context it is clear that Kālidāsa's hymn to the Trimūrti is really addressed to Brahmā, here looked on as the high god. The Trimūrti was in fact an artificial growth, and had little real influence.

But there are similarities, as you would well expect that all of creation reflects the Triune God of Christianity, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. But they are simply reflections and imitations--the God of the New Testament is the only God there is, and is the same God Who manifested Himself in the Old Testament. He meant it when He said: "I am the Lord, thy God; thou shalt not have strange gods before me." All of these other gods are false gods. There is only one God. This is the Christian belief.

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    You just answered your own question.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    My late friend Marylin Ferguson channeled Yeshua* many times -
    He was very candid about the current-times Christians and their failure to "get it". zg

*See ZGI page 30.
    Gee, that couldn't be a bit self-serving, now could it? lol
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Default Tolerate allowance

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    No, not as Hindu defines it.

From your url reference:
    Early western students of Hinduism were impressed by the parallel between the Hindu trinity and that of Christianity. In fact the parallel is not very close, and the Hindu trinity, unlike the Holy Trinity of Christianity, never really "caught on". All Hindu trinitarianism tended to favor one god of the three; thus, from the context it is clear that Kālidāsa's hymn to the Trimūrti is really addressed to Brahmā, here looked on as the high god. The Trimūrti was in fact an artificial growth, and had little real influence.

But there are similarities, as you would well expect that all of creation reflects the Triune God of Christianity, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. But they are simply reflections and imitations--the God of the New Testament is the only God there is, and is the same God Who manifested Himself in the Old Testament. He meant it when He said: "I am the Lord, thy God; thou shalt not have strange gods before me." All of these other gods are false gods. There is only one God. This is the Christian belief.

Not only is this Aslan speech a call to arms (brothers and sisters of the cross,) but it's also a declaration of war on all those non-christian heathens and pagans who believe other ideas that may be more meaningful. A great teacher from the East said long ago: "Be more in allowance of other peoples' journeys."

Let's face it, christians really cannot tolerate different beliefs, let alone be in allowance of them.
    Dogma schmogma

Default More Jesus, another version, by Joseph Smith. The Mormon story

Jesus is said to have reappeared in North America, to the Native Americans. This organization may know more... (illustrated)Name:  5-bury_plates.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  15.2 KB

Name:  5-moroni_bedroom.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  19.7 KB

Name:  7-peter_james_john.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  20.1 KB

Name:  7-books.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  13.5 KB
    Last edited by Katweezel; May 31st, 2009 at 09:42 PM.
    Dogma schmogma

+ Reply to Thread