+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Death is on the way!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    On the high seas
    Posts
    607

    Default Death is on the way!

    Obama's new message that stem cell research and the easing of abortion restrictions are on the way. I would have to guess that killing them before they are concieved and killing them when they are leads to the only thing left to do with other defenseless individuals is to euthanize them too. The media even has the gall to say the majority of christians go along with the president on this garbage. I guess this is the new meaning of shovel ready projects this goverment has in store for all of us. blackchipjim
    " That we may meet in a better place after this!"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,111

    Default

    What would you do with the leftover eggs? As it stands right now, most are thrown away,no?
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out just how far one can go.


    We cannot direct the wind, we can only adjust our sails.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackchipjim View Post
    Obama's new message that stem cell research and the easing of abortion restrictions are on the way.
    And how do you feel those issues will impact our society? Do you think they will cause more economic turmoil? What effects do you think they will they have on health care, child care, homelessness, drug abuse, prostitution, crime rates, government funded foster care systems, juvenile education, employment, mortality rates and medical research? You seem to be against it so I would like to hear your reasoning in these matters.
    Truth demands knowledge. Deceit demands faith.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    And how do you feel those issues will impact our society? Do you think they will cause more economic turmoil? What effects do you think they will they have on health care, child care, homelessness, drug abuse, prostitution, crime rates, government funded foster care systems, juvenile education, employment, mortality rates and medical research? You seem to be against it so I would like to hear your reasoning in these matters.
    The problem with fetal stem cell research is that it has done NOTHING. Not a single treatment for any disease has ever been discovered from infant stem cells.

    On the other hand, we have found dozens from adult stem cells. It's a no brainer.

    Your argument about abortion is the logical fallacy of arguing from consequences. Your argument is that abortion should be allowed because, if it is banned there would be terrible consequences. That does not answer the original assertion that abortion is baby-murder, and is therefore immoral.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default World peace at last!

    Why stop at baby murder? I have the perfect plan for creating perfect harmony in the world. Each of us should be allowed to kill three people with whom we have trouble getting along. We have all experienced people with whom we have personality conflicts. And then their are those obnoxious individuals who drive us up a tree. If each of us could legally eliminate three irksome individuals, we would soon find a world approaching perfect harmony. Of course, some easy going persons may not want to eliminate anyone at all. That is fine. And in many cases, the same persons will be on different people's lists. If someone eliminates one of your three, you don't get to add a new name to your list. There will have to be rules, otherwise, it could mean the end of the human race, and we don't want that. All we want is peace, not desolation. Properly done, we should be able to achieve world peace in less that a year. Just think of it--no more war, no more discord, no more quarreling, no more angry words. Heavenly bliss is within our grasp. But we can't start this on our own. Everything must be legal and orderly. Therefore, I am asking you to write your Congressmen. If enough of us care and make our feelings known, I feel sure we can get legislation passed in the coming year. From America, our initiative should spread across the world in no time. World peace! Yes, it is possible.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Third base
    Posts
    11,322

    Default Peace brother

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    Why stop at baby murder? I have the perfect plan for creating perfect harmony in the world. Each of us should be allowed to kill three people with whom we have trouble getting along. We have all experienced people with whom we have personality conflicts. And then their are those obnoxious individuals who drive us up a tree. If each of us could legally eliminate three irksome individuals, we would soon find a world approaching perfect harmony. Of course, some easy going persons may not want to eliminate anyone at all. That is fine. And in many cases, the same persons will be on different people's lists. If someone eliminates one of your three, you don't get to add a new name to your list. There will have to be rules, otherwise, it could mean the end of the human race, and we don't want that. All we want is peace, not desolation. Properly done, we should be able to achieve world peace in less that a year. Just think of it--no more war, no more discord, no more quarreling, no more angry words. Heavenly bliss is within our grasp. But we can't start this on our own. Everything must be legal and orderly. Therefore, I am asking you to write your Congressmen. If enough of us care and make our feelings known, I feel sure we can get legislation passed in the coming year. From America, our initiative should spread across the world in no time. World peace! Yes, it is possible.
    There would be a lot of lists with Bernie Madoff as #1 to be hit.
    Dogma schmogma

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the desert
    Posts
    17

    Default

    At fertility clinics all across the country women have multiple fertilized eggs implanted in them hoping for a viable embryo to start forming. Many times more embryos than are desired are formed, and the clinic lets the women choose how many children she wants and the undesired are removed.

    I hope you're upset about that too.

    I surely hope you don't support capital punishment, and I certainly hope you don't support war.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    At fertility clinics all across the country women have multiple fertilized eggs implanted in them hoping for a viable embryo to start forming. Many times more embryos than are desired are formed, and the clinic lets the women choose how many children she wants and the undesired are removed.

    I hope you're upset about that too.

    I surely hope you don't support capital punishment, and I certainly hope you don't support war.
    War, capital punishment, and abortion are all part of our culture of death. When was the last time we went to war in defense of our nation, or in defense of another allied nation at their request? How many of the more than 50 million abortions since Roe vs Wade were more than a matter of convenience, not that any taking of human life is justified except in self defense? How is it in this day and age that state executions can be considered an act of self defense, that is, to protect the citizens of the state? The blood of millions crys out against our nation, not only our nation, but nearly every nation on earth. If there is justice, something has got to give.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackchipjim View Post
    Obama's new message that stem cell research and the easing of abortion restrictions are on the way. I would have to guess that killing them before they are concieved and killing them when they are leads to the only thing left to do with other defenseless individuals is to euthanize them too. The media even has the gall to say the majority of christians go along with the president on this garbage. I guess this is the new meaning of shovel ready projects this goverment has in store for all of us. blackchipjim
    ) Explain to me how cells that unlihk humans can be frozen for years van and syay viableare considered people

    2) how can cakks that will be otherwise thrown away not be used to improve to cure debilitating disease.

    #) Ysa, adult cells have been susccesful. How do we kn\we Native sells will noy be 1o times more successful,We haven't been allowed to try

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the desert
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Actually privately we have been allowed to try with stem cells. The ban only applies to gov't funded research, it places no limitations on private research.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    Your argument about abortion is the logical fallacy of arguing from consequences.
    This concerns a plan of action so the argumentum ad consequentiam does not apply. I am not suggesting that abortion fulfills the requisites of being “true” “correct” or “moral”, only that it may be a better plan of action in this situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    Your argument is that abortion should be allowed because, if it is banned there would be terrible consequences. That does not answer the original assertion that abortion is baby-murder, and is therefore immoral.
    I don’t think I understand your argument – at least I hope I don’t. The evidence should lead to a conclusion not the other way around. My questions were meant to uncover information about the effects of this new legislation in order to discuss possible conclusions. In your case you are starting with a conclusion and calling all of the evidence irrelevant.

    We can assume that a rational person would make decisions that offer the most benefit and attempt to avoid terrible consequences. You seem to be saying that a “moral” person would not have the same objective. By your definition a “moral” person would not make a decision that is sensible - he would make one that already agrees with the opinions he had before researching the topic. It almost sounds like you are implying that a “moral” person would hold fast to their preconceived notions of “proper” behavior even in the face of contradicting evidence. I don’t want to put words in your mouth so please correct me if I am wrong.
    Last edited by Nazgul; March 20th, 2009 at 06:49 PM.
    Truth demands knowledge. Deceit demands faith.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    I have the perfect plan for creating perfect harmony in the world. Each of us should be allowed to kill three people with whom we have trouble getting along.
    We tried that already. Anybody remember Salem Massachusetts? A lot of innocent people were inhumanely killed based on the whims of a few people. Thank goodness we had the religious folk to teach us how to spot witches, devils and spirits and how to slaughter them. Otherwise our souls could have been in serious danger!

    It was a dark time in our history that was brought on by uninformed, superstitious people who acted according to preconceived notions. They relied on faith instead of logic and unfounded beliefs instead of reason. They slaughtered quite a few innocent people - but they achieved a moral victory.

    Gamblers always say “I’d rather be lucky than good”. I say “I’d rather be intelligent than moral”. You’d be surprised how often “moral” people behave immorally.

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    How is it in this day and age that state executions can be considered an act of self defense, that is, to protect the citizens of the state?
    I’m sure you could answer that question yourself if you did a little research.
    Truth demands knowledge. Deceit demands faith.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Third base
    Posts
    11,322

    Default Witches and fruitcakes

    Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    We tried that already. Anybody remember Salem Massachusetts? A lot of innocent people were inhumanely killed based on the whims of a few people. Thank goodness we had the religious folk to teach us how to spot witches, devils and spirits and how to slaughter them. Otherwise our souls could have been in serious danger!

    It was a dark time in our history that was brought on by uninformed, superstitious people who acted according to preconceived notions. They relied on faith instead of logic and unfounded beliefs instead of reason. They slaughtered quite a few innocent people - but they achieved a moral victory.

    Gamblers always say “I’d rather be lucky than good”. I say “I’d rather be intelligent than moral”. You’d be surprised how often “moral” people behave immorally.



    I’m sure you could answer that question yourself if you did a little research.
    Salem, witches? You sure this was real? People getting killed by religious fruitcake zealots, like in the Inquisition? I saw the movie with Cher and Bette Middler, who made very good witches. I thought that was just Hollywood dessert.

    Well, I guess I better check my history books. Wiki that is.
    Last edited by Katweezel; March 21st, 2009 at 02:07 AM.
    Dogma schmogma

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    Salem, witches? You sure this was real? People getting killed by religious fruitcake zealots, like in the Inquisition? I saw the movie with Cher and Bette Middler, who made very good witches. I thought that was just Hollywood dessert.

    Well, I guess I better check my history books. Wiki that is.
    I think he overstated the case a wee bit. lol
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Death By Soda Pop
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: March 1st, 2014, 05:35 PM
  2. The death of OPEC
    By Brutus in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: September 17th, 2008, 04:02 PM
  3. Oscar The Death Cat
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 28th, 2007, 04:28 PM
  4. Poe's Mysterious Death
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 25th, 2006, 05:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts