+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Passing of a Cult Legend

Default The Passing of a Cult Legend

I found out through news sources the passing of Ms. Bettie (Betty) Page. She was shall we say naughty and nice. Been known to handle a whip and chain with a length of rope, fill out a bikini with a certain kind of charm, and even decorate a Christmas tree or two. I'll stay on the bright side here, but there is the dark side that many were fond of. A brunette pin-up for the ages has gone, sadly just the pin-ups remain.

To err is human, to air is Jordan, to arrr is pirate.
    Theres plenty of face cards to make 20, but it takes an Ace to make Blackjack.

Nickel & Dime them into Bankruptcy.

She may have been a nice girl, but when a girl is so skinny you can see her ribs, that's bad. I did not get turned on by the shower scene in Schindler's List.

Default Matter of opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic Monkey View Post
    She may have been a nice girl, but when a girl is so skinny you can see her ribs, that's bad. I did not get turned on by the shower scene in Schindler's List.
    Some guys like skinny women, some like fat. I get more by liking BOTH!

Billy C1
    Hunch Players are Losers!
    ------------------------
    Gambling Problem?--- Sure, I Don't Win Enough!!!!!!!!

From Reason, last year -

The Fetishist Next Door
    The all-American appeal of Bettie Page

Greg Beato | August/September 2007 Print Edition

Bettie Page, one of America’s most enduring brands, is finally taking her inevitable place alongside Gap Kids and Auntie Anne’s Pretzels. In March a boutique bearing her name and stocked with demure polka-dot dresses and opaque ladies’ undergarments—panties, how retro!—opened in the mall at the Planet Hollywood Resort in Las Vegas. In an age when Britney’s pudgy, bald sugar dish attracts more tabloid coverage than most network sitcom stars, it’s ironic, isn’t it, that the 1950s pin-up queen who helped pioneer mainstream exhibitionism may jeopardize the spontaneous celebrity vulva eruptions that now give our lives meaning?

Bettie, say it isn’t so!

Or, actually, please say that it is. Fifty years ago, snapshots of Page ball-gagged and hog-tied, her arched eyebrows transmitting hokey cartoon alarm, were deemed such a threat to the American way of life that they prompted a Senate investigation. By today’s standards, even Page’s most extreme photos seem charmingly chaste. But if her power to shock has lost currency, the sensibility she displayed remains as contemporary as that other beautifully upholstered mid-century masterpiece, the Eames lounge chair.

MORE- http://www.reason.com/news/show/120939.html
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

+ Reply to Thread