+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Remembering Beloved Adi Da Samraj 1939-2008

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    Choose what you want to believe, but it's an obvious impossibility. Someday you'll have to explain to me why in your belief system, God has so conspired to hide his true identity from himself or his parts. If it looks like a duck...
    Is that why he became his son as himself? Was that why he hid himself from his true identity from himself? Um, let me try again. If, like Catholics believe that God and Jesus are the same person, then did God hide himself disguised as Jesus so that he wouldn't recognize himself as himself? No. Sorry. Let me try again. Did God become his Son so that he wasn't his Dad any more, and so he wasn't himself either? Er, no. Father and Son were the same person, but God hid himself as his Son, and then wasn't his Father either which was why he hid himself from himself so he couldn't see him. ... ah, I give up.
    Last edited by Katz; April 10th, 2014 at 07:22 AM. Reason: I am not myself today, either

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    Is that why he became his son as himself? Was that why he hid himself from his true identity from himself? Um, let me try again. If, like Catholics believe that God and Jesus are the same person, then did God hide himself disguised as Jesus so that he wouldn't recognize himself as himself? No. Sorry. Let me try again. Did God become his Son so that he wasn't his Dad any more, and so he wasn't himself either? Er, no. Father and Son were the same person, but God hid himself as his Son, and then wasn't his Father either which was why he hid himself from himself so he couldn't see him. ... ah, I give up.
    Do I detect a note of insincerity coupled with a note of sarcasm coupled with a note of disbelief? I thought so. That would be a triplet or triple note, similar to the Trinity, except that your triplet is discordant, whereas the Trinity is a Perfect Harmony.

Difficult as it may seem, try to picture a Person before the creation of the world, all Infinite and All Powerful Person. He doesn't have much to think about, since there isn't anything else other than what's in his imagination, so He thinks of Himself, but the thought of himself is like speaking a Word, since of course he has no lips, and that Word is so Real in his ALL Powerful Thought that it really is Himself, yet in some way other than himself. And that Thought of Himself, or Word, if you want, is so Real that it looks back upon the Speaker, who in the way of infinity IS Himself, yet is other than himself. If that isn't confusing enough, the two of them look at the Perfect Love that they have for each other and lo and behold, it is Themselves, since it is Love, and that is the nature of the first One of them, who begot the second One of them whose nature is the same, so that the two of them begot the third One of them, namely, the Holy Spirit of Love, since Love is what they All are, Three in One, the Holy Trinity. Now, if you didn't understand that, it is because, great googus amoogus! it's a mystery! It's a "MYSTERY", Katz, a mystery! You're not supposed to get it, much less make sport of it. Capeesh!

On the Jesus thing, yes, He knew who He was, the second Person of the Trinity, incarned as a human being, one Jesus Christ, which means, Jesus, The Anointed One, and who thus had, and still has, two natures, the one Divine, the other human. In both His human nature and His Divine nature, Jesus always knew that He was God, even as a baby. When he spoke of God in Heaven, he referred to him as Father, since He was eternally begotten of Him and therefore called Him Father. He also told us to call God Father, because our human souls were created by Him, and so in that sense we are His children. And in a special way for Christians who are baptized into the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, we are His children in the spiritual order by faith.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Exactly... because there is ONLY G-D. zg
    An impossibility.
    But but with G-D ALL THINGS are possible, no?
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Self-contradiction is not possible even with God. He cannot lie, he cannot hate (although Katwhiskerz, has a different interpretation), and he cannot be other than who he is. If I am God, believe me, the world is in trouble! Serious trouble!
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

No. The gwad you speak of is Yahweh. He is a fiction, heavily infesting the Hebrew Bible. My vast scholarly investigation has revealed no gawd wrote that book at all! Nor inspired it to be written! In fact Yahweh had absolutely nuthin whatsoever to do with it, primarily because Old Yahweh was exclusively a fantasmagorical invention of the ancient Hebrews. (this is obvious at first reading all the way through, to anyone who has one iota of uncommon sense.)

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    No. The gwad you speak of is Yahweh. He is a fiction, heavily infesting the Hebrew Bible. My vast scholarly investigation has revealed no gawd wrote that book at all! Nor inspired it to be written! In fact Yahweh had absolutely nuthin whatsoever to do with it, primarily because Old Yahweh was exclusively a fantasmagorical invention of the ancient Hebrews. (this is obvious at first reading all the way through, to anyone who has one iota of uncommon sense.)
    Plenty of uncommon sense you have, my friend. Monsieur Katz, and thank you for recognizing the fantastic intention of ancient Hebrews. Yes, his depiction heavily attests to the veracity of the Hebrew Bible. Thank you for your squalorly infestation of the Zen Zone and for all your tired writing. You are a real perspiration, by which I mean I feel really expired when I read your posts. Your most strident fan. Hermann
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Plenty of uncommon sense you have, my friend. Monsieur Katz, and thank you for recognizing the fantastic intention of ancient Hebrews. Yes, his depiction heavily attests to the veracity of the Hebrew Bible. Thank you for your squalorly infestation of the Zen Zone and for all your tired writing. You are a real perspiration, by which I mean I feel really expired when I read your posts. Your most strident fan. Hermann
    Dear Hermann, the only Hermann I knew is Goering, the Nazi, but he is dead, like Yahweh. Surely this could not be that Nazi resurrected right here on the ZZ? But I suppose it is Easter Monday, which I think was the Happy Day for your Christos... the day he left this stinkin cesspool, never to return.

Default You can call him Da Free John, You Can Call Him Adi Da, or You Can Just Call Him Da!

I'm beginning to have a more authentic understanding of Da's continued Dharma transmission even in his currently disembodied state of being. Last night I had an ultra-vivid dream in which Da's followers lovingly and constructively called me out on certain character defects of mine. I have been scared straight. HAS DA BEEN REINCARNATED INTO A NEW LIFE FORM? Do re me fa so daaaaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by DeanMcAdams View Post
    I'm beginning to have a more authentic understanding of Da's continued Dharma transmission even in his currently disembodied state of being. Last night I had an ultra-vivid dream in which Da's followers lovingly and constructively called me out on certain character defects of mine. I have been scared straight. HAS DA BEEN REINCARNATED INTO A NEW LIFE FORM? Do re me fa so daaaaaa!
    This post above is straight out of Deepak's woo-woo New Agey calendar. Dean, could you really be Deepak Chopra in camo... right here on the ZZ? Say it ain't so...

+ Reply to Thread