+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: THE Most Dangerous Cult

Default THE Most Dangerous Cult

Dispensationalism: The Most Dangerous Cult in the World

Laura Knight-Jadczyk

©Cassiopaea.org

The Dispensationalists who preach Armageddon Theology are a relatively new cult - less than 200 years old. There are four main aspects of their belief system:

1) They are anti-Semitic. They profess a fervent love for Israel. Their support of Israel does not, however, arise out of a true love for the Jews and their sufferings. Rather, their "love and support" is based on their wanting Israel "in place" for the "Second Coming of Christ," when they expect most Jews to be destroyed.

2) The Dispensationalists have a very narrow view of God and the six billion people on the planet. They worship a tribal god who is only concerned with two peoples: Jews and Christians, whose said tribal God intends to pit against one another for His favor. The other five billion people on the planet are just not on this God's radar except to be killed in the final battle.

3) The Dispensationalists are certain right down to their bones that they understand the Mind of God. They provide a scenario, like a movie script, that unfolds with time sequences, epochs or "dispensations" all ending happily with an end-time escapism called the Rapture - for a 'chosen few' like themselves.

They appeal to those who want to feel that they are on the "inside" of a "special group" with secret, profound knowledge. This desire for certitude causes millions of the followers of Dispensationalism to trust their leaders to an extraordinary degree.

4) Fatalism is the fourth aspect of Dispensationalists. The world, they say, is getting steadily worse and we can do nothing, so there is no point in doing anything. The teachers teach about the wrath of a vengeful god and declare that God does not want us to work for peace, that God demands that we wage a nuclear war: Armageddon that will destroy the planet.

The frightening by-product of these beliefs is that, since the Cult is in Power in the United States, it is so easy to create the very situations which are described, thus ensuring the fulfillment of the ideas of the Dispensationalists: the Cult that wants to Create Armageddon and needs 5 billion people on the planet to go willingly to the sacrificial altar, and the Muslims have been chosen to be first.

This is the the Most Dangerous Cult in the World.

----
    Laura Knight-Jadczyk is an author and researcher. For a brilliant analysis of Dispensationalist Christianity go to www.cassiopaea.org

Being a former dispensationalist, I can point out some not-quite-right observations the author has made.

"They are anti-semitic". Well, in my experience, they do not actually hate Jews but rather believe they are still "God's Chosen People". They wouldn't express joy that Jews would be destroyed but rather that God deemed that such would happen so there isn't much they can do about it. At least God saves a third of them.

"....tribal God intends to pit against one another for His favor" I'm not sure where she gets this that Jews and Christians fight each other. That hasn't been part of my former dispensational paradigm.

I agree largely with point 3. Only I never really considered this to be "secret knowledge". Maybe in 1800s and early 1900s, this was the thinking but it hasn't been my experience to call it 'secret'.

I agree largely with point 4 except the phrase "God demands that we wage a nuclear war". I never heard any dispensationalist say we MUST have nuclear war but rather that nuclear war would happen since the Bible said that a third of this and that would die soooo it is apparent that nuclear war is in the cards.

It would indeed be a new thing that dispensationalists would ACTIVELY try and work to bring about their view of Bible prophesy instead of just observing it happening. This would explain why the founder of the Blackwater group in Moyock NC started Blackwater. He was the son of the founder of the former Prince Corporation based in Holland, Michigan who was part of the "Christian" elite made up of Council of National Policy members such as James Dobson, Amway's DeVos, and Pat Robertson. (Prince Corporation made various automobile parts such as dashboards and consoles for the Big Three auto companies. They also had made large machines too.) Being Zionist, he wants to do "his part" in God's plan. Little does he know who he is working for.

Is dispensationalism a cult? It certainly seems like it since, on the whole, they don't think through the implications of their dispensational beliefs. Or they don't WANT to think and rather just follow whatever the Pat Robertson- Jerry Falwell-Jack VanImpe-Paul Crouch-Etc mouthpieces say to them, over and over and over (until they burn in the nuclear Armeggedon they helped bring on).

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Chips
    (until they burn in the nuclear Armeggedon they helped bring on).
    And then they are reincarnated as Muslims! zg

These people certainly exist, but I don't find them to be particularly dangerous. I'm more afraid of Islamic terrorists wreaking havoc in this country. I believe when the Democrats get in they will do all they can do to appease Islamic terrorists until the climate is perfect for the terrorists to strike us over and over again. I don't think a Democratic led government will have to guts to strike back; they'll be too engrossed in proving how Bush was wrong and how all you have to do is show them that you care. Meanwhile I believe this country may be brought to its knees before it finds the will to defend liberty.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    I believe when the Democrats get in they will do all they can do to appease Islamic terrorists until the climate is perfect for the terrorists to strike us over and over again.
    Ya, except the terror strikes are SYNTHETIC - made in the USA. zg
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post

Na na na na! You don't give extremist Islamic groups any credit at all. They don't need the US to help them and the US certainly won't need to fake anything once all h--- breaks loose. You should not downplay the threat from extreme Islamic groups. The US didn't fake the bombing in Spain or Great Britain, or any of the other places in the world. Yea, you can say it is a giant worldwide CIA conspiracy, but you're just selling the real source short. Again, the US doesn't need to fake it--the extremists are more than willing to step up to the plate without the Fed's help.
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

The US didn't fake the bombing in Spain or Great Britain, or any of the other places in the world. Yea, you can say it is a giant worldwide CIA conspiracy, but you're just selling the real source short.
    I don't make it all about the US and the CIA. London, Downing Street, MI-6, Mossad, Illuminati, Rome - its the end-time global grab kickoff. 'Islamic extremists' are the least of it - a little blowback, perhaps - worry not about them and be afraid, very afraid, of the Christian extremists - wolves in sheep's clothing. zg
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

There are 2 schools of dispensational theology. One, which you're referring to, is classical dispensationalism, and yes they go overboard with a lot of stuff. Progressive dispensationalists, which I belong to, are a lot more moderate in their view, especially towards Israel.

And, a lot of the things you're citing as problems of dispensationalism are just problems with a lot of fundy christians in general.

Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    There are 2 schools of dispensational theology. One, which you're referring to, is classical dispensationalism, and yes they go overboard with a lot of stuff. Progressive dispensationalists, which I belong to, are a lot more moderate in their view, especially towards Israel.
    Progressive vs. traditional Dispensationism - I find confusing. Either way we are talking about Bible Prophecy and countdown to Armegedon, right?

Either way, Muslims and Hindus and Buddhists and Jews and Wiccans and Atheists and Native American Shamans, and Daists like me - we are all toast, right?

What are Hal Lindsay and Jack Van Impe and Chuck Smith and John Hagee, traditional or progressive? zg
    Last edited by zengrifter; August 11th, 2007 at 03:17 AM.

Progressive vs. traditional Dispensationism - I find confusing. Either way we are talking about Bible Prophecy and countdown to Armegedon, right?

Either way, Muslims and Hindus and Buddhists and Jews and Wiccans and Atheists and Native American Shamans, and Daists like me - we are all toast, right?

What are Hal Lindsay and Jack Van Impe and Chuck Smith and John Hagee, traditional or progressive? zg
    Dispensationalist is a sort of new word to me. I have heard it used before but not as their primary descriptor, unless I wasn't paying attention. I always viewed them as fundamentalists, people who take every word in the Bible literally, as if "dictated" by God Himself. The Catholic Church was fundamentalist until about 1940. About that time the evidence had become overwhelming, in its opinion, that one could not take everything literally. They adopted a view that the Bible is the "inspired" word of God, not the literal word. I.e., God inspired men to write regarding spiritual truths, but the references to historical and other detail are incidental, filtered through the writer's subjective perspective, or sometimes idealized accounts. Did Adam and Eve really exist? The Catholic says, maybe, but the important thing is the spiritual truth the story is trying to reveal. Did Moses part the Red Sea, or was it a timely storm that arose and destroyed the persuing Egyptian army? The spiritual truth would be that God liberates His followers, whether miraculously or naturally doesn't really matter. According to most Catholic commentaries, the so-called battles of Armeggedon most probably refer to battles fought thousands of years ago. Of course, these battles may prefigure battles yet to come, but is it really prophecy? And what about prophecies that some scholars believe are dated to a period after the events had already taken place? Please don't respond to this one; it could be a thread all its own.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Hal Lindsay, Jack van Impe and John Hagee are all traditional dispensationalists. And, for the most part, they are also terrible bible interpreters.

And, we've now opened a huge can of worms, but I'll do my best to sort this out. There are actually 2 major schools of thought: covenantal theology and dispensational theology. Covenantal theology, which is typical of Reformed theology, and is by far the majority view, emphasizes the 3 covenants of God:

1. The covenant of redemption, eternal before creation (a covenant between Jesus and God, that Jesus will be perfectly obedient, and that the Father will provide for all of the son's needs, and provide for the church, etc.).

2. The convenant of works, from creation until the fall (Adam will obey the God's laws, God will reward him with eternal life, or punish his disobedience.

3. The covenant of grace, from the fall until the return of Christ. (man is to trust in God's grace, God forgives the sins of man.)

Classical dispensationalism recognizes seven distinct phases, or dispensations, of God.

1. Innocence (in the Garden of Eden)

2. Conscience, God offers to govern man through his conscience (after the fall, before the flood; flood comes because man ignores his conscience).

3. Governent, God governs man through civil government (before the tower of Babel, after which God confuses man's languages.)

4. Promise, God promises to bless the whole world through Abraham's descendents (this remains in effect past the rapture until the end of the millenial reign)

5. Law, God promises to fulfill the promises to Abraham, if Israel obeys his law.

6. The Grace age, God temporarily suspends work with Israel, and decides to work through all people through the work of Jesus. (from the resurrection to the rapture, which includes the present).

7. Millennial kingdom, 1000 years where Christ rules as the king of the world, before the resurrection of all people. At the end, Satan raises up a rebellion, which God puts down, and then judges everyone.

Progressive dispensationalists argue that some of the dispensations seem a little forced, as being seperate 'ages' of God's work. We also tend to think there is more continuity, or progression, in God's plan, and recognize that there were two distinct covenants in place at different times. Rather than seeing Israel as abandoned in God's plan, we see partial fulfillment of God's promises to them, and believe that there will be complete fullfillment later. And I'm going to make another thread out of your question about what happens to non-Christians.
    Last edited by moo321; August 11th, 2007 at 01:25 PM.

I don't make it all about the US and the CIA. London, Downing Street, MI-6, Mossad, Illuminati, Rome - its the end-time global grab kickoff. 'Islamic extremists' are the least of it - a little blowback, perhaps - worry not about them and be afraid, very afraid, of the Christian extremists - wolves in sheep's clothing. zg
    Don't worry--I'm afraid of them, too. But on the other hand, it is written, ...do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him [God] who can destroy both soul and body in hell..
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Rather fear him [God] who can destroy both soul and body in hell..
    Gee, you really make God sound appealing when you describe Him like that. zg

Really, the problem isn't even dispensationalism. The problem is bad biblical interpretation, and an extreme focus on trying to figure out how the end of the world is going to happen. The bible doesn't want us to focus on the minute details of what the power structure on earth will be when Jesus comes back.

The point is: God loves you, and wants to forgive you, but you may not have a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    Really, the problem isn't even dispensationalism. The problem is bad biblical interpretation, and an extreme focus on trying to figure out how the end of the world is going to happen. The bible doesn't want us to focus on the minute details of what the power structure on earth will be when Jesus comes back.

The point is: God loves you, and wants to forgive you, but you may not have a lot of time.
    Well put and very well said. We all know that Jesus is coming back and He won't be too happy in what He sees. But things are going to have to get alot worse than they already are.

+ Reply to Thread