+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: THE Most Dangerous Cult

Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    Moo is way off there, with his hopeful summaries. Xianity is based wholly on faith and hope. We now have here the great work of a professor who devoted much time and effort trying to get to the bottom of this Christian thing. He succeeded. He began his studies as a Christian and ended as a firm non-believer. When anyone takes the time and effort to read his fullsome article below, an intelligent, non-brainwashed reader must reach certain inescapable conclusions when presented with the facts. And the main inescapable conclusion is: THE JESUS STORY WAS ONLY MYTHOLOGY.
    http://www.atheistfoundation.org.au/...y-jesus-christ
    More than one Christian has admonished me that the resurrection of Jesus is...
    ... "the most documented event in human history."

Quote Originally Posted by DDutton View Post
    More than one Christian has admonished me that the resurrection of Jesus is...
    ... "the most documented event in human history."
    Well, obviously from their point of view, you needed admonishing. Next time a Xian makes that absurd, outlandish and totally false claim, give them this link. Prof Roussos will set the historical record straight:
    http://www.atheistfoundation.org.au/...y-jesus-christ

But of course, you cannot win with these Xian people in my experience, for long ago, they abandoned their faculty of reason, in favor of 'faith'. Also of course, the "most documented event in human history" centres entirely on the bible account; which is full of contradictions and forgeries - which prof Roussos (and many other scholars) clearly points out. But why let the facts get in the way of a good story? Good story? What am I saying? That is no more a good story than Peter Pan and far less imaginative than Alice in Wonderland. Somebody died for humanity's "sins"? *hic* "God" had an only begotten son? *burp* The mother of "God" was a virgin? *fart* Now I like a good story, but ... pull the other leg; puhleeze.

It uses a "sacred scripture" Jewish Bible said to have been written by men "inspired by God"; but in fact it has 40 unknown (Jewish) authors who most likely were sand people herding goats and living a primitive Jewish tribal life; involving such wonders as human and animal sacrifice over barbeques and endless massacres of sinners and innocents.

It's a story that defies any common sense, is beyond the realm of sensible critique and is an insult to (unbrainwashed) human intelligence. It is full of ancient primitive superstition and fear, and was not even original. The major aspects of Xianity were shamelessly stolen from other, more ancient cultures and traditions... A 2000-years-old HOAX has been perpetrated on the human race, resulting in tremendous bloodshed, suffering, pain, and delusion on a grand scale. Heading the hoax for the Xian world is the Shameless Bloody Babylonian Harlot herself: the Catholic church. We can finally now understand WHY the revered Voltaire wrote this (below) so long ago...

He was aware of the NINE Catholic-sponsored Crusades to the Holy Land (9M deaths); the FOUR Inquisitions (at least 5M deaths over 600 years); the Witch Hunts (at least 100,000 women deaths); +11M slaves taken from Africa by Christians from Britain, France, Spain, Belgium Holland, America and others, using several bible passages as proof of God's favoring of slavery; 100M Central & Sth American victims of the (Catholic) Conquistadors; 60M Nth American Indians... and so on. ALL THAT was why Voltaire wrote these:

French philosopher Voltaire (1694 -1778)

"Christianity is the most ridiculous, the most absurd and bloody religion that has ever infected the world."

"For 1700 years, the Christian sect has done nothing but harm
    ."
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Katweezel; November 26th, 2011 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Deadly Xianity
    Dogma schmogma

Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    Yes it is an opinion, and it's an opinion based on your blind faith. I've tried to discuss this with you, but you're not interested. If you did real research into the origins of the bible, you would have discovered that it is well supported. The bible is so well supported by manuscript evidence, agreement with the archaeological record, and both friendly and hostile accounts, that to call the vailidity of the bible into question would cause one to have to question the whole record of ancient history.We have thousands of existing manuscripts of the New Testament, in Greek and in translation, some from within decades of the writings themselves. We have so many quotations of the bible that, if we didn't have a single manuscript, we could still reconstruct 95% of the text just from quotations in letters by the early church fathers. If you want to say that the bible has been bastardized; that's fine. But you need to then have the intellectual integrity to say that any ancient document that has less support than the bible also has been bastardized, and is not trustworthy. And that would mean that you would have to say that there are NO accurate records of ANY event prior to the modern era, because no other ancient document has anything approaching the support that the bible has. So which is it?
    Moo, you are not a typical christian because you can string coherent sentences together in a clear fashion that almost makes sense... I brought along a section from James McDonald's remarkable new book: 'Beyond Belief', that demonstrates how ill-informed or brainwashed you are. It also includes some absurdities from your bible: only from the book of Acts. As soon as Zzone gets its HTML editor re-installed I'll add more!
    Last edited by zengrifter; December 13th, 2011 at 04:04 AM.
    Dogma schmogma

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    Don't worry--I'm afraid of them, too. But on the other hand, it is written, ...do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him [God] who can destroy both soul and body in hell..
    Me and my AK74 ain't afraid of shit!

Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    Well, Pat Robertson is a stupid donkey. John Hagee is a little better ...
    Hmm, you don't say, Brother Moo?

"The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Hmm, you don't say, Brother Moo?
    So Moo likes End Times asshole Hagee? LOL Hagee: "Jerusalem is the centre of the Universe. LOL LOL and LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Katz; April 16th, 2015 at 06:22 AM.

This is the most dangerous cult: ZIONISM

+ Reply to Thread