+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 is it the end?

Default 2012 is it the end?

I'm working midnights this week and was listening to George Norry last night. Mr. Nory's guest was an expert on state of the earth and the coming pole shifting of this planet. It was quite an interesting show that blended prophecy and science as to what the furture holds for us all on earth. The scientist was very informative and excacting as to the course of events that were foretold centuries ago to present day and furture events that will unfold in some of our lifetimes. The coming events will plunge civilization as we know it into the dark ages. blackchipjim
    " That we may meet in a better place after this!"

Quote Originally Posted by blackchipjim View Post
    I'm working midnights this week and was listening to George Norry last night. Mr. Nory's guest was an expert on state of the earth and the coming pole shifting of this planet. It was quite an interesting show that blended prophecy and science as to what the furture holds for us all on earth. The scientist was very informative and excacting as to the course of events that were foretold centuries ago to present day and furture events that will unfold in some of our lifetimes. The coming events will plunge civilization as we know it into the dark ages. blackchipjim
    The world ended in 1987. And 1988. And 1989. And.... Probably earlier too -- that's as far back as I can remember.

The Mayans were experts in time keeping. Their calenders were more precise, than the ones we use today. And when they say, the clock stops on 12/21/12, I believe it.

Apparently from the way I see it, theres supposed to be a) Massive Sun Storms. b) A phenomena of natural disasters. c) Pole shifts resulting in drastic climate changes.

Our Solar System is moving paralel into our Milky Way. Right now, were slightly above it, and on 12/21/12 we'll be exactly in the middle. In addition to Earths 26,000 year wobble, it will ironically coincide with our 11 year Sun spot cycle. Which is a 1n286,000 year occurence.Solar storms, will start becoming more active in the following months and take my word for it, when I say Scientists and Astronomers are keeping a close eye on it.
    Last edited by jack,jackson; November 11th, 2008 at 08:02 PM.
    Jack Jackson

"The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Default 2012

I was kinda surprised that the scientist that was talking made some scarey points on the show. He was talking about the various religions of the world and how they all still have the central theme in the end. He took a point by point view on what is in different religions and their teachings about the end and show how it correlated to the coming scientific projections. I found the show quite informative with some reservations but that is just my beliefs that tell to me to skeptical. blackchipjim
    " That we may meet in a better place after this!"

Quote Originally Posted by QFIT View Post
    The world ended in 1987. And 1988. And 1989. And.... Probably earlier too -- that's as far back as I can remember.
    Don't forget 1/1/2000

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeD View Post
    Don't forget 1/1/2000
    The Branch Davidians believed the end was coming, and that turned out to be true. If our government has a hand in it, maybe the overall end will happen on 12/21/12. But if it's just science, prepare for another letdown.

Creeping Panther--

Did the expert on George Noory's show say whether it would be the end on that day (12/21/12), or that that day would precipitate a series of actions over the next several years or decades culminating in the end of the world as we know it. or altogether, for that matter?
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    The Branch Davidians believed the end was coming, and that turned out to be true. If our government has a hand in it, maybe the overall end will happen on 12/21/12. But if it's just science, prepare for another letdown.

Creeping Panther--

Did the expert on George Noory's show say whether it would be the end on that day (12/21/12), or that that day would precipitate a series of actions over the next several years or decades culminating in the end of the world as we know it. or altogether, for that matter?
    If a government project is involved it will never happen on schedule. It will also go over budget.

NASA Says the a SUN'S pole shifted in 2001 and will again in 2012. Maybe it involved Bush becoming president.

Earth’s magnetic field last flipped 740,000 years ago. Reversals are spaced 5 thousand years to 50 million years apart. Some say we are overdue, but when cannot be predicted.

http://www.gvnr.com/74/3.htm
    Last edited by GeorgeD; November 12th, 2008 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Added link

If it is the end, the party is in Mexico --

A year to go until end of the world: Mayan region plans year of celebrations

Only one year to go before December 21, 2012 –
    - the end of the world according to Mayan predictions –
    -- but the Mexican region plans a year of celebrations.

The Izapa archaeological site, Chiapas, Mexico Photo: Alamy

9:26AM GMT 21 Dec 2011

Unlike enthusiasts of other doomsday theories who suggest putting together survival kits, southeastern Mexico, the heart of Maya territory, plans a year-long celebration.

Mexico's tourism agency expects to draw 52 million visitors by next year only to the regions of Chiapas, Yucatan, Quintana Roo, Tabasco and Campeche. All of Mexico usually lures about 22 million foreigners in a year.

MORE-
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ebrations.html

Party like its 2012!
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

I've also heard that the Mayans' intention was to start the calendar over at the point where it ended. No big deal-- just start it over. Nothing happens, nothing changes. It's like changing the ribbon on a typewriter. Change it, resume typing. A small inconvenience, not the end of the world.

Anyway, I doubt that I will even remember what day it is when the "fateful" day arrives. I'll probably be sitting behind my laptop posting to the Zen Zone.

Heck, what's the big deal about the end of the world, anyway? Everyone is going to die some day, so what does it matter if everyone dies on the same day as opposed to their different, individual days? Dead is dead. I rather think I'd prefer to go with everyone else than by my lonesome, wouldn't you?
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

I've also heard that the Mayans' intention was to start the calendar over at the point where it ended. No big deal-- just start it over. Nothing happens, nothing changes. It's like changing the ribbon on a typewriter. Change it, resume typing. A small inconvenience, not the end of the world.

Anyway, I doubt that I will even remember what day it is when the "fateful" day arrives. I'll probably be sitting behind my laptop posting to the Zen Zone.

Heck, what's the big deal about the end of the world, anyway? Everyone is going to die some day, so what does it matter if everyone dies on the same day as opposed to their different, individual days? Dead is dead. I rather think I'd prefer to go with everyone else than by my lonesome, wouldn't you?
    Like QFIT says: "The world ended in 1987. And 1988. And 1989. And.... Probably earlier too -- that's as far back as I can remember."
    And yeah we all end up on Boot Hill, it's only a question of time. When will you take your last breath? Aslan, I've reserved a spot not far from me on Boot Hill.

Name:  aa boot hill2.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  67.7 KBName:  aa boot hill4.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  66.8 KBName:  boothill3.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  95.4 KBName:  BootHillJerome2.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  49.0 KB
    Dogma schmogma

Default Tennis shoe hill, anyone?

I likely will not have my boots on but my tennis shoes instead. We call everything tennis shoes stateside, that is, gym shoes, sneakers, Rockport's, Nike's, etc. Boots, I, seldom wear. BTW, we are just leaving Colorado and entering Kansas airspace. This aircraft (737) is equipped with WIFI. Headed to BWI where there are thunderstorms and tornado warnings. Already delayed 2 hours. Oh, the life of a spoiled rotten American!
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

I likely will not have my boots on but my tennis shoes instead. We call everything tennis shoes stateside, that is, gym shoes, sneakers, Rockport's, Nike's, etc.
    Do your still look like these too?

My tennis shoes -

Classic! No, more like these:

Name:  eccou407963_195650_fs.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  5.2 KBName:  rockp507589_264274_fs.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  3.1 KB
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

+ Reply to Thread