+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 80

Thread: The New American Slavery

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DDutton View Post
    Kudos, great editorial. You wrote and published it while in a federal halfway house, ZG?
    Yes, and quite a bit more.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Yes, and quite a bit more.
    Is the rest you wrote here in ZZ archives?

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    The New American Slavery
    by Marcus K. Dalton*
    | August 19,2005

    (*With respect to The Jolly Roger)

    The average American today lives a fragile existence, in a struggle for survival that can be ended by missing a few paychecks. The carrot at the end of the stick which was formerly known as "the American dream" has been replaced by a whip that can best be described as the American nightmare of homelessness, and slow, early death. One no longer works to achieve a better life for him/herself and the children. One works to maintain basic shelter from the elements, and you pray that you don't lose it.

    "...You're already working much longer, and much harder, to achieve a much lower standard of living than the previous generation, and 25 percent of working Americans can no longer even take a vacation. The Social Security retirement age has been raised to match the life expectancy of American males, so apparently, you're also expected to work until you're dead."

    "...And when you do finally get a vacation, the only trip you'll be taking will be in a pine box, and that's only if you're one of the lucky ones. Most of us will only get the state-issued canvas bag that gets tossed into the pit with all the others. If you don't mind the fact that you'll be working until you're dead, you might also want to consider the fact that you'll get nothing for your labor, because this nation's economy is about to crash like a freight train, and when it does, everything you've worked for will vanish."

    ...complete editorial here - http://web.archive.org/web/200605070...itorials4.html
    Happy Fourth of July from the Zzone!

    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    3,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Its time for another TEA PARTY! zg
    Prophetic, ZG!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,588

    Default No Banksters Went to Jail


    • Latest PoThursday, July 3rd, 2014
    IMMIGRATION: Deport the Real Illegal Aliens



    How to Play The Blame Game Against Weakest Guy on Totem Pole



    Yesterday in the little southern California town of Murrieta, we saw a blow up of anger and fear that resulted in 150 plus protesters stopping a Federal Immigration bus carrying undocumented peoples seeking to enter U.S. for work and family. The bus was on its way to a detention center for processing when it was stopped by the protestors. It made all the main stream national news.

    The acrimony was palatable on the ground and on the social networks; vitriolic and polarizing putting friends against friends as eruptions on what to do about this crisis hit uncivil tones.

    Personally, I have listened carefully to all sides of the issue. What I have found is that those angry protestors have absolute legitimate complaints about real issues that affect their daily lives and standards of living. While it appears as racism, it in fact is NOT racism but true genuine fear of a collapsing once great system that fed the American dream turning it into a 21st century nightmare.

    As it stands, the angry citizenry is hitting the boiling point. Since 2001, they have been terrorized by extremists, war mongering profiteers, banksters, the corporate supreme court, globally lobbyists posing as American interests, and their home grown politicians who are the very people supposed to represent them turning into pawns for corporate kings around the global world.

    And now this; 50,000 kids crossing the border running away from murderous violence and poverty in their own country crossing the border needing help from U.S. Taxpayers! From a humanitarian perspective, this is nothing for a country of 300 million to resolve but is it really about the 50,000 kids? Or is it really about something else? Something bigger, more profound, more deep cut into the emotions of people?

    I mean some are so angry that they are just taking shots at everything, everyone, and hoping to hit something. But most know what really happened and know how we got here. We just feel helpless. I mean, everyone knows about the fake wars and the trillions spent to support the members of the Dick Cheney Profiteer Club (PNAC). We get it! Americans may feel helpless against the power but we are NOT stupid.

    And we know how we lost trillions of dollars of equity, jobs and our once great economy. We know about the Wall Street scam. Heck, every time we look at the negative equity on our home and the over encumbered mortgage balance due, we get it. We know its’ not the undocumented worker that did this to us. They are just the easiest weakest guy on the blame game totem pole to hit! Heck, they have no rights we can slam them to the ground easily.

    But the banksters and politicians who had and continue to have their greedy hands in our pockets, well, they have immunity! And we know that! We know we can’t simply lock them up. They are the law. We know they won’t investigate and indict themselves. Come on! We all know it. We know what has to be done but we don’t want to go there because it is just to hard.

    It is far better to blast the weak guy and make ourselves feel good if only just for a moment. Then we go back to our jobs, pay the bills, and hope for a better a day.

    So here we are; broke, beaten, blasted, blistered, and generally exhausted. Nothing has gone much our way. Where is the political reform promised to us? The transparency? Why are we still in Afghanistan and why are going back to Iraq? Who cares about sectarian violence in a land far away right? But alas, we know why! And it’s not really about Islam is it? It is about control of global resources and Iraq has the oil. Otherwise, we would NOT give a rats ass would we?

    So as you ponder the punch up of yesterday, remember this immigration blow up is NOT what it seems. It’s not the big issue at all. It’s just another issue that represents the overall frustration with living in a once free country where the NSA spies on everyone with impunity with the one party two faction federal mafia continuing to roll over we-the-people without any inspiring representation that makes any sense.

    So today, go ahead and do the moon stomp on the lowest working man on the blame totem pole. Have your tantrum! And then when you get your bearings, ask yourself;
    1. How did we get here and why hasn’t anything of note changed?
    2. How come NO banksters went to jail for terrorizing the American people that witnessed the greatest loss of equity in the history of the USA bankrupting the middle classes into poverty fear stricken wage slaves.
    3. How come we put our country in debt for trillions to support fake wars in favor of the corporatocracy and why no one went to jail or was even indicted or investigated?
    4. How come we blame the undocumented working man who makes $ 5 a day as the bankster reached into our pocket stealing everything we own? Yet the bankster lives in our hood while the undocumented working man gets stomped on?
    5. How come we don’t have a clean energy policy making us energy independent taking us off fossil fuels and away from the 100 year old oil wars in the Middle East?
    6. How come we allow our government to work for the global corporatacy instead of us; we the people?
    How come?
    Some many questions with no real answers except to deport the little kids that have no idea they are today’s misguided blame game target in a firefight for freedom, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

    SOURCE:
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/07/03/immigration/


  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,464

    Default Katz

    we need a revolution, but it will not come, Americans are too cowardly and first would turn on one another, another Iraq situation, too many tribes here, not just one big tribe like Japan, China, Russia etc. I do believe one day the Great Spirit will allow the US to disintegrate for all the evils it has committed.

    But hey, let us all now stand and pledge allegiance to the USA! It is the 4th ya know.

    The USA has sold out to the evil one, and you always lose in the end when you travel that road.

    CP
    "Midwest Masters Of Advantage", "Strength and Honor."

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Name:  flag us.gif
Views: 31
Size:  12.2 KB
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    3,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post

    • Latest PoThursday, July 3rd, 2014
    IMMIGRATION: Deport the Real Illegal Aliens



    How to Play The Blame Game Against Weakest Guy on Totem Pole



    Yesterday in the little southern California town of Murrieta, we saw a blow up of anger and fear that resulted in 150 plus protesters stopping a Federal Immigration bus carrying undocumented peoples seeking to enter U.S. for work and family. The bus was on its way to a detention center for processing when it was stopped by the protestors. It made all the main stream national news.

    The acrimony was palatable on the ground and on the social networks; vitriolic and polarizing putting friends against friends as eruptions on what to do about this crisis hit uncivil tones.

    Personally, I have listened carefully to all sides of the issue. What I have found is that those angry protestors have absolute legitimate complaints about real issues that affect their daily lives and standards of living. While it appears as racism, it in fact is NOT racism but true genuine fear of a collapsing once great system that fed the American dream turning it into a 21st century nightmare.

    As it stands, the angry citizenry is hitting the boiling point. Since 2001, they have been terrorized by extremists, war mongering profiteers, banksters, the corporate supreme court, globally lobbyists posing as American interests, and their home grown politicians who are the very people supposed to represent them turning into pawns for corporate kings around the global world.

    And now this; 50,000 kids crossing the border running away from murderous violence and poverty in their own country crossing the border needing help from U.S. Taxpayers! From a humanitarian perspective, this is nothing for a country of 300 million to resolve but is it really about the 50,000 kids? Or is it really about something else? Something bigger, more profound, more deep cut into the emotions of people?

    I mean some are so angry that they are just taking shots at everything, everyone, and hoping to hit something. But most know what really happened and know how we got here. We just feel helpless. I mean, everyone knows about the fake wars and the trillions spent to support the members of the Dick Cheney Profiteer Club (PNAC). We get it! Americans may feel helpless against the power but we are NOT stupid.

    And we know how we lost trillions of dollars of equity, jobs and our once great economy. We know about the Wall Street scam. Heck, every time we look at the negative equity on our home and the over encumbered mortgage balance due, we get it. We know its’ not the undocumented worker that did this to us. They are just the easiest weakest guy on the blame game totem pole to hit! Heck, they have no rights we can slam them to the ground easily.

    But the banksters and politicians who had and continue to have their greedy hands in our pockets, well, they have immunity! And we know that! We know we can’t simply lock them up. They are the law. We know they won’t investigate and indict themselves. Come on! We all know it. We know what has to be done but we don’t want to go there because it is just to hard.

    It is far better to blast the weak guy and make ourselves feel good if only just for a moment. Then we go back to our jobs, pay the bills, and hope for a better a day.

    So here we are; broke, beaten, blasted, blistered, and generally exhausted. Nothing has gone much our way. Where is the political reform promised to us? The transparency? Why are we still in Afghanistan and why are going back to Iraq? Who cares about sectarian violence in a land far away right? But alas, we know why! And it’s not really about Islam is it? It is about control of global resources and Iraq has the oil. Otherwise, we would NOT give a rats ass would we?

    So as you ponder the punch up of yesterday, remember this immigration blow up is NOT what it seems. It’s not the big issue at all. It’s just another issue that represents the overall frustration with living in a once free country where the NSA spies on everyone with impunity with the one party two faction federal mafia continuing to roll over we-the-people without any inspiring representation that makes any sense.

    So today, go ahead and do the moon stomp on the lowest working man on the blame totem pole. Have your tantrum! And then when you get your bearings, ask yourself;
    1. How did we get here and why hasn’t anything of note changed?
    2. How come NO banksters went to jail for terrorizing the American people that witnessed the greatest loss of equity in the history of the USA bankrupting the middle classes into poverty fear stricken wage slaves.
    3. How come we put our country in debt for trillions to support fake wars in favor of the corporatocracy and why no one went to jail or was even indicted or investigated?
    4. How come we blame the undocumented working man who makes $ 5 a day as the bankster reached into our pocket stealing everything we own? Yet the bankster lives in our hood while the undocumented working man gets stomped on?
    5. How come we don’t have a clean energy policy making us energy independent taking us off fossil fuels and away from the 100 year old oil wars in the Middle East?
    6. How come we allow our government to work for the global corporatacy instead of us; we the people?
    How come?
    Some many questions with no real answers except to deport the little kids that have no idea they are today’s misguided blame game target in a firefight for freedom, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

    SOURCE:
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/07/03/immigration/

    Thank you, Br Katz, for your concern. Please post your address in Australia so that we can send the illegal kids coming into our country to your house for proper care.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    Thank you, Br Katz, for your concern. Please post your address in Australia so that we can send the illegal kids coming into our country to your house for proper care.
    Great, I just knew you'd like that Johnny Punish article.

    I thought Dubya had ordered order on the border...

    Last edited by Katz; July 4th, 2014 at 08:03 PM.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DDutton View Post
    If this is to be taken as a serious statement, you have a warped sense of America, like Bill Ayers, focusing too much on the bad, and therefore seeing the overall picture of America in a negative light. You need to back yourself out of the tunnel you have entered and see your country in a fresh light. All I can do is shake my head in dismay. You just don't see. And if you find yourself shaking you head in dismay at me, it is because you continually return to the negative evidence you have programmed yourself with to renew your negative POV and continue to ignore "all" the evidence, which would set you free from your biased point of view. I read everything that you and others post negative about America, but I draw my opinion from a larger reservoir of knowledge, which includes all that you steep yourselves in and much more.

    They are running a good feature on The Kelley Report on Fox cable news, which demonstrates very well what I am talking about.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    3,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    If this is to be taken as a serious statement, you have a warped sense of America, like Bill Ayers, focusing too much on the bad, and therefore seeing the overall picture of America in a negative light. You need to back yourself out of the tunnel you have entered and see your country in a fresh light.
    I don't disagree, fundamentally. But the more one's eyes are open to America's hypocrisy the harder it becomes.
    Why cite Bill Ayers? because he's some sort of socialist like Bernie Sanders?

    Let me ask you - should flag burning be against thje law, or protected as free speech?

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DDutton View Post
    I don't disagree, fundamentally. But the more one's eyes are open to America's hypocrisy the harder it becomes.
    Why cite Bill Ayers? because he's some sort of socialist like Bernie Sanders?

    Let me ask you - should flag burning be against thje law, or protected as free speech?
    It is protected as free speech.

    I cited Bil Ayers for two reasons: (1) he is part of the Megyn Kelly special on Fox http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/the-ke...er-underground, and (2) Bill Ayers justified domestic violence as a co-founder of the Weather Underground as a means of protesting the war in Vietnam. Several people were killed by members of the Weather Underground, including three of their own members when a bomb intended for others exploded prematurely. This is precisely where tunnel vision of America's wrongdoing leads. Burning the American flag is symbolic of this kind of thinking, unless "really" justified, as with the colonies revolution against England. Some on this site are quick to go to violent revolution, but I think cooler minds must prevail, until, and I hope this never happens, the battle for our principles and Constitution is lost without recourse. Even then, the revolution must be peaceful until the government pushes it to a level of violence.

    The killing of another human being must never be taken lightly. I recently saw a story on cable about a marine who lost his arms and legs in battle and who is fighting his way back to "normalcy" with transplanted cadaver arms and so forth. The war in which this happened was one that I believe our country entered into hastily and with poor judgment. I would not want to be the President that allowed this to happen, not to mention the thousands of other war casualties. Being "right" does not justify firing a single shot; being shot at or the imminent threat of being shot at justifies it. Oil, military strategy, advance bases of operation, future threats, liberation, etc. are not justifications for a single shot being fired.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,588

    Default Jingoism

    Patriotism & Jingoism

    “In Dr. Johnson’s famous dictionary, patriotism is defined as the last resort of a scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened but inferior lexicographer I beg to submit that it is the first.” Ambrose Bierce

    The Sacred Cows *
    "God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed.” Luis Bunue


    There are two Sacred Cows in America, Religious faith and Patriotism. To disparage either under any condition will not be tolerated in this country. There are two better unmentioned conservatively incorrect words for both, dogma and jingo.

    Let me begin by giving the military a roundhouse upside the head. I was in the military for three long years (which I subtract from my age), one year as an enlisted man and two as an Officer and Gentleman which I believe gives me a modicum of credibility in this matter.

    What in the Hell is this crap with the military taking the moral high ground on social issues, or concerning the Bill Clinton years? My God man, their main entertainment is getting drunk and going to whore houses. They have a much higher domestic violence (wife beating) and divorce rate than the general public, and contrary to public opinion they are not there to die for the flag, but to either escape the real world or gather an array of benefits for when they get out. Intellectually?

    Hey, all 14 people killed by soda machines falling on them while trying to steal a coke were military personal. The military is as close to a totalitarian communist organization as there is in this country. And this delusion about them dying for Old Glory, to halt communism, or to insure freedom and liberty for some group of indigenous peons a half a world away is crap, they honorably give their lives for each other rather than some pile of political jingoism.

    Neither can religious faith be questioned in America. Oh sure, the media can go after a religious figure, a cult, or question religion in politics, but to in anyway disparage or question a belief that angels play harps on little white clouds in the sky will not be published, aired or tolerated by either politicians, the mainstream media or in the public square.

    Love it or Leave It!

    “Whenever you hear a man speak of his love for his country, it is a sign that he expects to be paid for it.” H. L. Mencken

    I often hear conservatives screaming about how liberals control this country and how awful it all is to have to pay taxes and put up with Negroes going wherever they want. They often get so livid I can’t help but toss them the old canard of Love it or Leave it. But there is a problem with that; where can these tens of millions of conservatives go that it is more to the Right than here? South Africa changed, Slobovia is under UN control and anywhere in Africa is out of the question. That pretty much leaves only the Arab theocracies and Singapore. And even those places have national health care! So there really isn’t anyplace they can emigrate to; well other than Giedi Prime and Mordor.

    Mr. Jingo and I
    A 1996 study shows that senior military officers were 66% Republicans, with 92% of younger officers saying they were Republicans. It stated that conservatives now outnumber liberals 23 to 1 in all branches of the military and at the present rate by 2005 all senior military officers will be Republicans. No wonder Adm. Boorda shot himself.
    I don’t like Mr. Jingo. He ranks high in my lexicon of evil; up there with Hitler, Stalin, Satan, and Robert Novak.

    As is true regarding religion, politics and money grubbing; patriotism to excess becomes a problem when used as a sanctuary. It is understandable to see it in such display in these days after September 11th, but rather than sooth us, Mr. Jingo drums up anger and vengeance to enrage us, an easy but unwise emotional road to follow. And when the fervor reaches a national or cultural crescendo, some even fly planes into buildings full of people. Count the flags next time you see one of those old clips of the Nuremberg Rally. And round and round it goes, where it stops we already know. It’s a very serious problem which always seems to precede some horrendous act.

    In 1968, I came off DMZ patrol in full winter combat gear to our base on a very cold night in Korea. The movie hut was empty for being too chilly inside, but dressed as I was, I decided to suffer it. On that cold night in Korea, alone in a cold little building I watched a movie called In Cold Blood. I don’t know if it was Truman Capote or Robert Blake, but one or the other planted some turmoil in my otherwise numb mind. The next day I spent talking with our Red Cross librarian. I explained my experience from the evening before and she handed me Melville’s Moby Dick. When I closed the last page, I also closed that turmoil within.

    In a matter of only a week, two pieces of art changed my world view regarding two very important philosophical issues. Keep that in mind when you see conservatives on their rampage against one form of artistic expression or another. Mine was much like defining moments many others experience when close to the action, or when our leader is assassinated, our harbor attacked, our city bombed, our land invaded, or watching a GI burn our hut. Only in Mr. Jingo’s world are there one way streets.

    I came to terms with jingoism in that wonderful Summer of ‘69 after I returned from three years of military service. Both sides’ political use of the flag annoyed me at first, but as I watched over the ensuing months I realized its primary use was as a representation for war and vengeance in lieu of peace and understanding. That realization was a defining moment for me, and I have refused to saddle up to Mr. Jingo and his friends on any level since.

    The Chickenhawks
    The real answer to limiting war to only those absolutely necessary is to create and enforce an international law requiring only men over 40 be allowed in the military.
    Conservatives make great fun of President Clinton’s questioning the Vietnam War and questioning his own participation in that war. In short, being honest to himself and walking the walk of his own beliefs, at least for a time. On the other hand there were literally millions of dishonest, hypocritical, cowardly conservatives who supported the war; content to have others die for them while refusing to personally participate themselves. Here are just a few:
    • Elliott Abrams - Sought deferment for bad back.
    • John Ashcroft - Sought teaching deferment
    • Richard Armey - Sought college deferment.
    • Bill Bennett - Sought graduate school deferment.
    • Pat Buchanan - Sought deferment for bad knee.
    • George W. Bush - Family got him in the reserves.
    • Dick Cheney - Sought graduate school deferment.
    • Tom DeLay - - Sought college deferment.
    • Newt Gingrich - Sought graduate school deferment.
    • Phil Gramm - Sought marriage deferment.
    • Dennis Hastert - Sought deferment to coach wrestling.
    • Jack Kemp - Sought medical deferment while in the NFL.
    • Rush Limbaugh - Sought deferment for ingrown hair follicle on his ass.
    • Trent Lott - Sought college deferment.
    • P.J. O’Rourke - Sought deferment, too stoned.
    • Dan Quayle - Family got him into the Reserves.
    • Pat Robertson - Father pulled him out of Korea as soon as the shooting began.
    • Kenneth Starr – Sought deferment for psoriasis.
    • John Wayne - Refused to volunteer for World War II.
    • Vin Weber - Sought deferment for asthma.
    • George Will - Sought deferment for graduate school.
    61% of the men killed in Vietnam were under 21. 50% more draftees were killed while the draft was in effect than enlistees. Only 2% were college graduates. 75% of those killed were lower middle class or from families living below the poverty level. The result of the Vietnam War was not only 58,000 dead Americans, but 1 million North Vietnamese soldiers, 2 million Vietnamese civilians with another 4 million wounded. Those previously mentioned hypocritical cowards wished then, as they still do today, that all those figures were higher, much higher. Do not forget we dropped three times as much ordnance on Vietnam than we did in all theaters of war in World War II.

    So when these Chickenhawks feed you that bullshit about fighting that war with our hands tied behind our back, be sure to understand that they mean we should have instituted a full scale ground invasion into North Vietnam and on to China with projected other-than-me American deaths in the hundreds of thousands. Or we should have dropped megaton-class hydrogen bombs on major population centers throughout Southeast Asia.

    The rationale for making nasty personal attacks on liberals, Democrats and the Clintons with impunity has been the catch phrase popularized by Rush Limbaugh, Character Matters. Indeed it does, as in Congress:

    The Democratic leadership in the House and Senate:

    House Minority Leader Richard Gephardt - Served in uniform, 1965-71
    House Minority Whip David Bonior - Served in uniform, 1968-72
    Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle - Served in uniform, 1969-72
    Ex- President of the Senate Albert Gore - Served in uniform, 1969-71

    The Republican leadership in the House and Senate:
    Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich - avoided the draft, did not serve.
    Majority Leader Dick Armey- avoided the draft, did not serve.
    Majority Whip Tom Delay - avoided the draft, did not serve.
    Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott - avoided the draft, did not serve.

    Keg heads
    “If any question why we died, tell them, because our fathers lied.” Rudyard Kipling

    Dick Cheney (a Vietnam War supporter who sought and was awarded a deferment so not to have to go himself) had an inauguration party titled Salute to Veterans! It was hosted by Gerald McRaney (the actor who portrayed Major Dad, a Vietnam War supporter who sought and was awarded a deferment so not to have to go himself). Featuring Tom Selleck (a Vietnam War supporter who sought and was awarded National Guard duty so not to have to go himself). Entertainment was provided by patriot and family values advocate Lee Greenwood (who has been divorced five times and has no link to the military) who sang God Bless the USA.

    Surprise guests; Attorney General John Ashcroft (a Vietnam War supporter who sought and was awarded a deferment so not to have to go himself) and President George W. Bush (a Vietnam War supporter who sought and was awarded National Guard duty so not to have to go himself). There was also a tribute to John Wayne (who was the only celebrity of his time to flat out refuse to join the fight in World War II).

    In the last election veterans preferred George Bush who avoided the draft, to Vietnam Veteran Al Gore who promised twice as much money to upgrade the Military and increase veterans benefits than George Bush. While there still has been no explanation for George Bush deserting his National Guard duty for over a year in a time of war. Something truly seems amiss, and I think I know what it is. There is way, way too much tap beer being drunk in America’s VFWs. Trust me on this, this is something I know about.
    MORE: http://rackjite.com/web/patriotism.htm

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    3,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    I cited Bil Ayers for two reasons: (1) he is part of the Megyn Kelly special on Fox http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/the-ke...er-underground, and (2) Bill Ayers justified domestic violence as a co-founder of the Weather Underground as a means of protesting the war in Vietnam. Several people were killed by members of the Weather Underground, including three of their own members when a bomb intended for others exploded prematurely. This is precisely where tunnel vision of America's wrongdoing leads. Burning the American flag is symbolic of this kind of thinking, unless "really" justified, as with the colonies revolution against England. Some on this site are quick to go to violent revolution, but I think cooler minds must prevail, until, and I hope this never happens, the battle for our principles and Constitution is lost without recourse. Even then, the revolution must be peaceful until the government pushes it to a level of violence.
    I always found it amazing that Ayers"turned his live around" as he did, given the history.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Superman: the American God
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: July 30th, 2012, 09:21 PM
  2. The American Caligula
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 30th, 2012, 05:10 AM
  3. Happiness in Economic Slavery
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: July 22nd, 2012, 11:09 AM
  4. The New American Civil War
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 12th, 2008, 03:10 PM
  5. Human Trafficking now 'worse than slavery times'
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 21st, 2006, 04:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts