to me anyway, that speculates the Gospels to be of Buddhist origin. zg

JESUS IS BUDDHA

The Christian Lindtner Theory (CLT)

------------------------------
    Welcome to the first and only website
    devoted to the original Buddhist sources
    of the New Testament Gospels
    ------------------------------
    The 27 books of the New Testament, as known, constitute the fundamental holy scripture of Christianity.

Without the four Gospels according to Matthew, to Mark, to Luke and to John, Christianity is virtually null and void.

Recent epoch-making discoveries of old Sanskrit manuscripts in Central Asia and Kashmir provide decisive proof that the four Greek Gospels have been translated directly from the Sanskrit.

A careful comparison, word by word, sentence by sentence shows that the Christian Gospels are Pirate-copies of the Buddhist Gospels. God's word, therefore, is originally Buddha's word.

Comparison reveals that there is no person, no event, no locality mentioned in the four Christian Gospels not already present in the Buddhist Gospels that, for sure, are far earlier in time than their Christian copies. A Buddhist original......and a Christian copy

The Sanskrit
    TRi-RaTNaS
    becomes the Latin
    TRi-NiTaS.

...even the name is copied...

Guide to the Site:
    • CLT: Provides a statement of Christian Lindtner's Theory (= CLT) that the New Testament is a Pirate-copy of Buddhist Gospels = Q.
    • CV for CL: Being a chronological survey of some of the scholarly activities of Christian Lindtner since 1979.
    • Q = MSV + SDP: Identifies the Buddhist sources of the New Testament by providing examples of how the Greek words and phrases imitate the Sanskrit orginal. Beginning with Matthew 1:1, to be updated monthly.
    • Audio/Video: Wait, see and listen...
    • Opinions: A scholarly forum for an on-going debate of the CLT. Address communications to the editor jesusisbuddha@yahoo.co.uk
    • Archive: Reviews and essays on Comparative Gospel Studies previously published by CL.
    • News: Announcements and reports about conferences and other public activities relating to the CLT.
    • Links: Resources and references to issues variously related to the CLT.
    Last edited by zengrifter; September 9th, 2008 at 02:54 AM.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Will the REAL GOD-MAN please stand up. Here is a new theory,
    This guy's a friggin numerologist! Need I say more?
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    Numerology is powerful stuff - it stems from Kabbalah, I beleive. zg
    Last edited by zengrifter; September 10th, 2008 at 01:15 AM.
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

Yeah Aslan, What's the matter, don't you believe in the TRUE COUNT ?
    Harolds Club RENO OR BUST

Pure superstitution. Name:  gen022.gif
Views: 432
Size:  7.2 KB
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Pure superstitution. Attachment 1282
    Did anyone ever hear the whopper about some old dude parting the Red Sea?

Then later, one of his followers supposedly WALKED ON WATER!

Now, if you could walk on water why would you bother to part it? Or if you can part it, what is the point of walking on it?

Obviously, with such inconsistent holes in these fairy tales, it is easy to see it is all made up.

There are no such contradictions in THE FLYING SPAGETTI MONSTER! Embrace the true Religion.

Attachment 1283
    Quote Originally Posted by bj bob View Post
    Yeah Aslan, What's the matter, don't you believe in the TRUE COUNT ?
    Yes, the true Count, Count Alucard, from Transylvania. Ah, yes. I knew him well. Name:  dracula.gif
Views: 218
Size:  7.7 KB
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Jesus could have easily been a Buddha as much as you or me. The historical Buddha we know of was an ordinary man by the name of Siddhartha Guatama, with no claims to divine origin. There have been many Buddha's in the past and there will be many more in the future. The term Buddha simply translates to "Awakened One". Someone who has achieved enlightenment!

Quote Originally Posted by cardcounter0 View Post
    Did anyone ever hear the whopper about some old dude parting the Red Sea?

Then later, one of his followers supposedly WALKED ON WATER!

Now, if you could walk on water why would you bother to part it? Or if you can part it, what is the point of walking on it?

Obviously, with such inconsistent holes in these fairy tales, it is easy to see it is all made up.

There are no such contradictions in THE FLYING SPAGETTI MONSTER! Embrace the true Religion.
    Well, now that you brought it up, I will speak to it, but only for myself. I did have occasion to study parts of the Bible in a theology class I took back in my college days. It seems the Bible is a conglomeration of different writers from different periods of time, sometimes spliced together as if the passages were contemperaneous with one another. By scholarly study of the vocabulary, conventions, figures of speech, etc., scholars can place when various passages were written.

For the part of the Bible narrating the "parting of the sea" there seems to be at least two time periods involved. The first time period coincides with the exodus from Egypt and is considered an eye witness account. In these paragraphs, the event seems to be more in the nature of the Israelites crossing the sea without mishap, but when the Egyptians follow, a storm suddenly comes up and their boats are capsized with the resulting loss of their army.

In other paragraphs that are dated by scholars as being written some 600 years later, we have the idealized version of Moses raising his staff and the sea parting so that the Israelites could pass, then lowering his staff so that the waves crashed in on the pursuing Egyptians.

My belief is that the Bible is the inspired word of God--that it is not necessarily accurate in terms of historical happenings, dates, ages, geography, and the like, but that it is alway accurate in terms of teachings on faith and morals. The moral of the story is the same in both versions, and that is, "God liberates His people."

Now I am not trying to start an argument with my fundamentalist brothers. We have a difference of opinion about what the "inspired word of God means. I can only speak for my own religion, as I understand it, and that is the Catholic faith.

In the second instance you mentioned walking on water. Of course you know that that wasn't Moses. That was Jesus. Do I believe that that is also an idealized version of what happened? No. That was reported by eye witnesses to the event. And the walking of water was done by Whom Christians believe was truly the Son of God. We believe that he had to power to do it through His divine nature. Of course I understand that to you, as a non-believer, this is pure nonsense, fairy tales. I understand your point of view, and I respect your intellectual integrity.

I guess like you, I have a few laughs of my own.

I laugh when I hear scientists explain that the complexity of a human being, including consciousness and self awareness, creativity and nameless abilities, all came about by a random explosion followed by some incredible series of evolutions. As ludicrous as that seems to me, I do, however, respect his right to believe it.

I laugh when I see the scientist delve deeper and deeper into the mysteries of existence, thinking the next step will bring him to the moment of truth, only to find ever greater degrees of complexity than he ever imagined.

I laugh when I listen to the scientist explain that somehow there was this big bang, and then the universe with all its intricacies and design exploded out of it--order out of chaos. Talk about fairy tales!

But I do also applaud the scientist when they take what they have learned and give us the ability to improve our world. Yes, I honor the scientist for the great work that he does for betterment of humanity--please don't get me wrong.

Lastly, I laugh when I see people look at the vast and wondrous universe with all its marvels and fail recognize it as the handiwork of God Who made it. It is so obvious to me. It's as plain as the nose on your face, as they say. I think there can be no excuse for anyone who does not believe in God. Yet I an persuaded that God is the final judge and that I must respect the intellectual integrity of your belief, no matter how inexcusible it may seem.
    Last edited by aslan; September 9th, 2008 at 09:57 PM.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Pure superstitution.
    The kettle calls the pot BLACK? zg

The kettle calls the pot BLACK? zg
    No. Just stating my opinion. You know, opinions are like a$$holes--everyone has one. Name:  taunt005.gif
Views: 210
Size:  8.9 KB
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Pure superstitution.
    Worse - another "ornate door to ultimate desolation." zg
    ---------------------------
    What is Kabbalah?

SOURCE: The Kabbalah Center

Kabbalah predates any religion or theology. It was given to mankind by the Creator, without any prerequisites or preconditions.

According to kabbalistic teachings, the universe operates according to certain supremely powerful principles. By learning to understand and act in accordance with these precepts, we will vastly improve our lives today, and ultimately we will achieve true fulfillment for ourselves and for all humanity.

Just as basic physical laws such as gravity and magnetism exist independently of our will and awareness, the spiritual laws of the universe influence our lives every day and every moment. Kabbalah empowers us to understand and live in harmony with these laws -- to use them for the benefit of ourselves and the world.

Kabbalah is much more than an intellectually compelling philosophical system. It is a precise description of the interwoven nature of spiritual and physical reality -- and it is a full complement of powerful, practical methods for attaining worthy goals within that reality. Simply put, Kabbalah gives you the tools you need to achieve happiness, fulfillment, and to bring the Light of the Creator into your life. It is the way to gain the peace and joy you want and deserve at the very core of your being.

Numbers used as symbols is one thing, but numbers as predicters of the future or discernment of truth is yet another; it is the latter that I place in the realm of superstitution or voo doo, if you will. Whereas, God may have put a numerical design into His creation, if so, where and to what extent is not possible to know except He reveal it. Kaballah does not claim God's revelation of the meaning of numbers, and even if it did, my gut would be to deny its validity nevertheless. The Hebrew religion is about relationship between the Person of God, the Hebrew nation, and the individual himself.

Kaballah is NOT the religion of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The religion of Abraham is a personal religion, God reaching down to man, speaking in his heart Early Jewish saints, like Job, experienced God, the Person of God; that is the authentic Hebrew faith. Numerology is a false religion and takes us away from the personal relationship that God wishes to have with His children. That's my opinion anyway.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Kaballah is NOT the religion of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The religion of Abraham is a personal religion, God reaching down to man, speaking in his heart Early Jewish saints, like Job, experienced God, the Person of God; that is the authentic Hebrew faith. Numerology is a false religion and takes us away from the personal relationship that God wishes to have with His children. That's my opinion anyway.
    Numerology, like other divining methods including astrology, etc. stem from Kabbalah and should be understood not to be predictive methods, but rather tools of self-understanding. Kabbalah, itself is most exhaustively explored within the Zohar, considered fundamental to its revelation:

Kabbalah teaches that the universe began not with an atom or a subatomic particle, but with a thought of God. This thought of creation encompassed a world in which every human being would enjoy total happiness and fulfillment, free from any form of chaos or pain. This is what the Creator desires and intends.

For us to manifest complete fulfillment, we need to evolve into our greatest selves. In our thoughts, feelings, and actions, we need to erase negativity and replace darkness with Light. It is for this purpose that the teachings and tools of Kabbalah were given to all humanity—and the greatest of these tools is The Zohar.

The Ultimate Resource of Connection with the Light

Physically, The Zohar is a book, a commentary on the Bible, structured as conversations among a group of friends, scholars, and spiritual masters. But the far-reaching reality and power of The Zohar transcends the limits of the physical world. Zohar is a Hebrew word meaning “splendor” or “scintillation,” and The Zohar is literally an unlimited resource of brilliant spiritual Light. As the kabbalists explain, simply possessing The Zohar brings power, protection, and fulfillment into our lives. Then, as we scan the pages in the original language or study them in translation, a deep connection to the Creator’s Light comes into being. As we gain intimacy and understanding of The Zohar, our consciousness deepens and expands. Spiritually, we grow and evolve. We become who we need to be in order to gain the joy and fulfillment that God intends for us. The Zohar is like a mirror in which we see our own expectations and intentions.

There are some who depict The Zohar as simply another “spiritual” text, or an object for academic study. They find The Zohar difficult and even forbidding—but what they find was already determined by what they set out to look for. In contrast to this, the greatest minds in history have found wisdom and enlightenment in The Zohar’s pages. From Pythagoras in ancient Greece, to Sir Isaac Newton in the 17th century, to the architects of modern physics and biology in the modern era, students of Kabbalah and The Zohar have discovered startling insights and information.

MORE- http://www.kabbalah.com/11.php

Default Somewhat lost in history

The connection between the "Holy Land", where the Jews settled after Egypt and Jesus was born and the eastern world of India and points further east such as China are pretty much lost except for coincidence and conjecture.
    The connection between the Holy Land and points not that far east, such as Iran (Persia) and Iraq (Summer, Babylon) are strong and well established. For instance, is not Noah of the bible pretty much Gilgamesh of the Summerian saga?

Later, at the height of Persian power, the Persians had great influence upon the Jews and the early Christians as the Christian concept of good vs evil compares well with Zoroster.

What never seems to be looked at is what kind of influence India, a next door neighbor of Persia had upon the Persians and if some of this influence went west with the Persians to the Holy Land and if it was ever present, was it still present in the time of Christ.

Somewhere in the past, probably on the internet, I remember reading some theory that perhaps during Christ's formative and unknown years he might have spent extensive time in India according to whomever wrote the thing. His teachings do appear much more Buddist like than those of his contemporary Jewish rabbis.

No facts here. Just the thought that perhaps the world was smaller at the time than we imagine it.

ihate17

+ Reply to Thread