View Poll Results: Has America Crossed The Line Into Fascism?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, clearly it has.

    17 33.33%
  • No, America is still a true bastion of freedom.

    17 33.33%
  • Maybe, at least the warning signs are apparent.

    17 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 441

Thread: Has America Become Fascist?

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    Respectfully Zen, I disagree.

    As with aslan, I simply do not believe these things. Interment camps are being built? When, where, and by whom? They're not being built near me, if they were I can tell you they would have a hard time taking people to them. I don't believe the things you're positing based on personal experiences.
    See -
    Concentration Camps in America
    &
    Gulags For Americans

    ---------------------
    The Halliburton subsidiary KBR (formerly Brown and Root) announced on Jan. 24 2006 that it had been awarded a $385 million contingency contract by the Department of Homeland Security to build detention camps. Two weeks later, on Feb. 6, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff announced that the Fiscal Year 2007 federal budget would allocate over $400 million to add 6,700 additional detention beds (an increase of 32 percent over 2006). This $400 million allocation is more than a four-fold increase over the FY 2006 budget, which provided only $90 million for the same purpose. [Pacific News 2/21/06]

    See also:

    FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMPS: Locations and Executive Orders
    http://www.sianews.com/modules.php?n...ticle&sid=1062
    US Has Been Preparing to Turn America Into a Military Dictatorship
    http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/suppression.html
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    But remember, the majority is always/usually wrong. zg
    I'm concerned - the polled doubters of American Freedom now out-number the beleivers. NEED MORE VOTES! zg
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    See -
    Concentration Camps in America
    &
    Gulags For Americans

    ---------------------
    The Halliburton subsidiary KBR (formerly Brown and Root) announced on Jan. 24 2006 that it had been awarded a $385 million contingency contract by the Department of Homeland Security to build detention camps. Two weeks later, on Feb. 6, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff announced that the Fiscal Year 2007 federal budget would allocate over $400 million to add 6,700 additional detention beds (an increase of 32 percent over 2006). This $400 million allocation is more than a four-fold increase over the FY 2006 budget, which provided only $90 million for the same purpose. [Pacific News 2/21/06]

    See also:

    FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMPS: Locations and Executive Orders
    http://www.sianews.com/modules.php?n...ticle&sid=1062
    US Has Been Preparing to Turn America Into a Military Dictatorship
    http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/suppression.html
    Last edited by zengrifter; August 9th, 2008 at 02:22 AM.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  4. #34

    Default

    FASCIST AMERICA EMPIRE

    VIDEO(2.5min)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRbX-NxRdj8
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the desert
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Wow, started building them in 97, hmm...seems like it's over 10 years later and there still aren't new stories of people being dragged away to the gulags. I'm sure Obama is part of this gang as well.

    Like I said, if they came to my neighborhood they'd encounter gun fire, and they wouldn't be taking anyone away, they'd just be shooting back and at best/worst be taking away bodies.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    The Majority


    Don Stott
    The majority of votes elects a President. Sort of, anyway, but the electoral college is another subject. Nevertheless, it is a majority of voters which will elect a Congressman, Mayor, Councilman, Senator, Governor, or what have you. The so-called 'democratic' method of government, which America is not supposed to be, means that a majority of the populace controls the minority. 49.9% are governed by 51.1%. As a famous man once said, this may be the best way. In my opinion, the majority is usually wrong.


    If you are a Biblical reader, the Bible is full of the majority being wrong. The Israelites were in the minority. Noah was in the minority. Jesus was in the minority, as were his disciples and apostles. Lot was in the minority, and it seems to be, that in Scripture, that the minority is always right.

    MORE- http://www.gold-eagle.com/gold_diges...ott080504.html
    It does not follow logically that because some minorities are right that all minorities are right. There may be numerous minorities on any given issue, but only one majority. So, either the majority is right or ONE and only ONE of the minorities is right.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    Wow, started building them in 97, hmm...seems like it's over 10 years later and there still aren't new stories of people being dragged away to the gulags. I'm sure Obama is part of this gang as well.

    Like I said, if they came to my neighborhood they'd encounter gun fire, and they wouldn't be taking anyone away, they'd just be shooting back and at best/worst be taking away bodies.
    zg has a penchant for making mountains out of mole hills. If there ever is something that really needs our attention, I fear his warnings will go completely unnoticed. I've tried to tell him, but I guess his game plan is other than what you might think it is. Maybe he just enjoys creating controversy--I guess there's nothing wrong with that. At least it gets people thinking.
    Last edited by aslan; August 10th, 2008 at 02:18 AM.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    zg has a penchant for building mountains out of mole hills. At least it gets people thinking.
    Right, little mole hills. zg
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Right, little mole hills. zg
    Did I say building? S/B "making" mountains out of mole hills. Tiny little mole hills. Teensy ones. Very small. Made by baby moles.
    Last edited by aslan; August 10th, 2008 at 02:24 AM.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    Did I say building? S/B "making" mountains out of mole hills. Tiny little mole hills. Teensy ones. Very small. Made by baby moles.
    Pygmy mole hills. zg
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    Wow, started building them in 97, hmm...seems like it's over 10 years later and there still aren't new stories of people being dragged away to the gulags. I'm sure Obama is part of this gang as well.

    Like I said, if they came to my neighborhood they'd encounter gun fire, and they wouldn't be taking anyone away, they'd just be shooting back and at best/worst be taking away bodies.
    In the past three or four years,I know three people who were picked up by Federal Authorities on decades old warrants. One was a Jamican born US Army Paratrooper who was married to a US citizen for over ten years.The charges- Failure to appear in court in 1986 for smoking pot in public. The INS tried to say that this negated his marriage and tried to deport him. Almost $70,000 later, he was released from the private detention center that he had been held in for almost a year. Anyone want to guess who has the contract to run this private detention center,located in an unmarked warehouse in Brooklyn?
    Another was living in an apartment in Queens that was raided by US Marshalls looking for a former tenant. Being unable to prove he was here on a student visa because his visa was in a bank saftey deposit box,he was arrested,taken to Brooklyn and put on a plane to Missouri ,of all places.
    Two weeks later,he was released and driven to a Greyhound station and given $5. You'll love the irony of this next part- Because he failed to show up for class for two weeks,the school notified the INS,which canceled his student visa. He was forced to return to Mexico and reapply for a new one. He lost a year of school, all his tuition and much of his respect for this country.
    These aren't isolated cases.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out just how far one can go.


    We cannot direct the wind, we can only adjust our sails.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    I'm concerned - the polled doubters of American Freedom now out-number the beleivers. NEED MORE VOTES! zg
    No, the poll question is loaded. You have fashioned two negative responses to one positive response. In order to properly balance the question, you should construct it something like the following:

    Has America Crossed The Line Into Fascism?
    1. Yes, clearly it has.
    2. Maybe, at least the warning signs are apparent.
    3. Maybe not, at least the signs of freedom still seem to outweigh the signs of Fascism.
    4. No, America is still a true bastion of freedom.
    5. It is not apparent one way or the other. Too close to call.

    I'm sure you don't want to create misleading results, do you?
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
    In the past three or four years,I know three people who were picked up by Federal Authorities on decades old warrants. One was a Jamican born US Army Paratrooper who was married to a US citizen for over ten years.The charges- Failure to appear in court in 1986 for smoking pot in public. The INS tried to say that this negated his marriage and tried to deport him. Almost $70,000 later, he was released from the private detention center that he had been held in for almost a year. Anyone want to guess who has the contract to run this private detention center,located in an unmarked warehouse in Brooklyn?
    Another was living in an apartment in Queens that was raided by US Marshalls looking for a former tenant. Being unable to prove he was here on a student visa because his visa was in a bank saftey deposit box,he was arrested,taken to Brooklyn and put on a plane to Missouri ,of all places.
    Two weeks later,he was released and driven to a Greyhound station and given $5. You'll love the irony of this next part- Because he failed to show up for class for two weeks,the school notified the INS,which canceled his student visa. He was forced to return to Mexico and reapply for a new one. He lost a year of school, all his tuition and much of his respect for this country.
    These aren't isolated cases.
    Halliburton?

    These are not isolated cases? Are there three more, hundreds more, or thousands more? Cite? Rumor? Your personal feelings?

    PS--I agree that one is too many.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  14. #44

    Default

    As long as polls like this can be taken, and views can be voiced good and bad towards the country and government, I believe we are free to think an act as we see fit. There has been nothing in my life that I have aspired to be and do that has been hindered by the government of this country. Others may feel differently, but I do not vote for their opinions I vote for mine.

    There are many sad and horrific stories of government injustice that have happened to people in this country. I agree that even one is too many. But there is not a country on this planet that does not have the same stories to tell. Most worst, and usually more. But I do not believe this country is just the lesser of the evils, I truly love living here. I have traveled to many countries and have seen the good and bad in a lot of them. But there is a reason I believe that I have always been happy to return home. This is the place that I have the best chance in succeeding in what I want out of life.

    This year I recently met a very successful NYC building contracter that came here from Kosovo 8 years ago. He told me about how his country is free now and he was very proud of where he came from. I asked him if he ever thought of going back and starting a business there. Absolutely not was his answer. As much as he loved his country he said he would have no chance to be able to live the type of life he can live here. He believes, and has proven that there are no limits in this country to succeed if you are willing to push it. I think a lot of americans have become spoiled with the freedoms we have, and the opportunities that are always right there in front of us. Even to those who hate what our country is becoming, be proud that you don't have to fight for your life to voice your opinion.

    I believe that unfortunately we all have different starting lines, and some start with greater disadvantges than others in the road to ones success. That is a sad but true fact, but we don't live in a perfect country, in a far from perfect world. I believe this country has seen better days as I believe its seen worse. Just because it might be as bad for some right now as it ever has been, doesn't mean its the worst this country has ever seen. A depression era survivor may scoff at our claims at how tough we have it. Its all relative.

    I'm not a very political person that will argue over and over on the same issues. I have realized one thing though, parties have been arguing for over 200 years on whats wrong with the country and how should we fix it. Thats good. If not for differing opinions and the ability to voice them we may have ended up losing our rights and freedoms. Basically in all that time regardless of political stance we have remained free and able to take stances in our beliefs whether they political, religous or personal. I am sad for those that can't prosper under our system, but I do believe that it is here you will get the best chance to. Its when our citizens start flooding other countries borders looking for better life opportunities that I will feel that maybe our system has failed.
    Last edited by Bojack1; August 10th, 2008 at 09:31 AM.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    So,IL
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bojack1 View Post
    As long as polls like this can be taken, and views can be voiced good and bad towards the country and government, I believe we are free to think an act as we see fit. There has been nothing in my life that I have aspired to be and do that has been hindered by the government of this country. Others may feel differently, but I do not vote for their opinions I vote for mine.

    There are many sad and horrific stories of government injustice that have happened to people in this country. I agree that even one is too many. But there is not a country on this planet that does not have the same stories to tell. Most worst, and usually more. But I do not believe this country is just the lesser of the evils, I truly love living here. I have traveled to many countries and have seen the good and bad in a lot of them. But there is a reason I believe that I have always been happy to return home. This is the place that I have the best chance in succeeding in what I want out of life.

    This year I recently met a very successful NYC building contracter that came here from Kosovo 8 years ago. He told me about how his country is free now and he was very proud of where he came from. I asked him if he ever thought of going back and starting a business there. Absolutely not was his answer. As much as he loved his country he said he would have no chance to be able to live the type of life he can live here. He believes, and has proven that there are no limits in this country to succeed if you are willing to push it. I think a lot of americans have become spoiled with the freedoms we have, and the opportunities that are always right there in front of us. Even to those who hate what our country is becoming, be proud that you don't have to fight for your life to voice your opinion.

    I believe that unfortunately we all have different starting lines, and some start with greater disadvantges than others in the road to ones success. That is a sad but true fact, but we don't live in a perfect country, in a far from perfect world. I believe this country has seen better days as I believe its seen worse. Just because it might be as bad for some right now as it ever has been, doesn't mean its the worst this country has ever seen. A depression era survivor may scoff at our claims at how tough we have it. Its all relative.

    I'm not a very political person that will argue over and over on the same issues. I have realized one thing though, parties have been arguing for over 200 years on whats wrong with the country and how should we fix it. Thats good. If not for differing opinions and the ability to voice them we may have ended up losing our rights and freedoms. Basically in all that time regardless of political stance we have remained free and able to take stances in our beliefs whether they political, religous or personal. I am sad for those that can't prosper under our system, but I do believe that it is here you will get the best chance to. Its when our citizens start flooding other countries borders looking for better life opportunities that I will feel that maybe our system has failed.
    Well Bo, thanks for the great post. That was some of the most inspirational **** Ive ever read. Not bad, for a guys first post of unrelated blackjack!

    I understand, through your posts, you understand what the golden road is.
    Something thats understood by very few. In other words, be grateful for what you got. Not ungrateful, for what you dont have.

    The lesser of evil, and spoiled Americans. Ya, you said it there my old friend.
    Jack Jackson

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Fascist America In 10 Easy Steps
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 21st, 2015, 08:29 PM
  2. Fascist implications of the bail-out scheme
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 14th, 2012, 02:06 PM
  3. Coke and U.S. Fascist Corporatocracy
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 13th, 2012, 11:02 PM
  4. 'Islamo-fascist' Bullocks
    By zengrifter in forum Real Politika
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: April 15th, 2012, 05:45 AM
  5. Christian Fascist Threat to American Democracy
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: February 19th, 2007, 02:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts