+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Einstein: Jews NOT Chosen People, Bible Childish

That Pope Francis is a Kool Kat, too, don't you think? Before you know it, he'll be selling all the Vatican's treasures and giving it to the poor. Now, that would be kool.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    That Pope Francis is a Kool Kat, too, don't you think? Before you know it, he'll be selling all the Vatican's treasures and giving it to the poor. Now, that would be kool.
    Fr Aslan, don't even think about it! That is an extreme heresy, a sin that would once have had you burned for sure. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you the Vatican is home to untold numbers of art, jewellery and other treasures gathering dust, too numerous to list that could likely fetch many billions of $$$. This collection was looted, gathered, donated or otherwise collected over hundreds of years, and here you are advising those old, celibate mostly white men running the joint to sell some to feed the starving millions in Africa for example? Shame on you as a card carrying Katholic.

Those treasures were a gift from Gawd, never to be swapped for the root of all evil: Mammon. People have always starved, and they will continue to starve, money or not. What is the point in keeping someone alive for another month or three when they are going to starve to death anyway? Let us face the ugly truth. Amen

Name:  pope-francis.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  32.7 KB
    Last edited by Katz; April 29th, 2014 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Let them eat cake

Well, what if there was a terrible flood and it "seemed" to cover the entire earth. What did people of that time know of the size of the entire earth? Could there have been a flood so large that it seemed to cover the entire earth? Could there have been a flood that killed everything in that area of the earth that was not aboard the ark. I don't know whether this is a fable or rooted in truth--never studied it. I'm leaning toward the possibility that a flood did occur, which wiped out civilization in that particular area of the world. Anyone done any study in this area?
    Why yes. I have. After many long, laborious years of intense scholarly research, here below is what I came up with. HOW MAGNETS WORK...

PS. I still have not been able to discover exactly who Yahweh was talking to when he declared this and that. So far my colleagues and I have only concluded he must have been talking to himself.

Name:  spoons.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  42.8 KB
    Last edited by Katz; April 29th, 2014 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Let there be fish

He would get my vote. Afterall, most of the donation comes from the poorest sector.

Quote Originally Posted by DDutton View Post
    He would get my vote. Afterall, most of the donation comes from the poorest sector.
    Well then, that is what you might expect isn't it? The rich did not get rich by giving money away... did they? Besides, poor is holy. Blessed be the poor for they shall get poorer. Even the head Christian said give all your stuff to the poor and be poor yourself. Does money get a good word anywhere in Christian scriptures? I don't think so. Be poor, stupid, compliant and do not question anything... just have faith ​brother and sister. Yeah that's the ticket to heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post

Belief in God 'childish,' Jews not chosen people: Einstein letter

May 13 08:24 AM US/Eastern

Albert Einstein described belief in God as "childish superstition" and said Jews were not the chosen people, in a letter to be sold in London this week, an auctioneer said Tuesday.

The father of relativity, whose previously known views on religion have been more ambivalent and fuelled much discussion, made the comments in response to a philosopher in 1954.

As a Jew himself, Einstein said he had a great affinity with Jewish people but said they "have no different quality for me than all other people".
    "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.

"No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this," he wrote in the letter written on January 3, 1954 to the philosopher Eric Gutkind, cited by The Guardian newspaper.

MORE- http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

This means Christopher Hitchens was right after all and Chris Hedges is full of cow dung! Holy horse poo, Batman!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    Why yes. I have. After many long, laborious years of intense scholarly research, here below is what I came up with. HOW MAGNETS WORK...

PS. I still have not been able to discover exactly who Yahweh was talking to when he declared this and that. So far my colleagues and I have only concluded he must have been talking to himself.

Attachment 27740
    Well, he most certainly could have been addressing his penis, asking it why it has to become aroused only in the presence of children.

Quote Originally Posted by Svengarlicky View Post
    This means Christopher Hitchens was right after all and Chris Hedges is full of cow dung! Holy horse poo, Batman!!!
    He has taught at Columbia University, and a graduate of Harvard Divinity School
    1. Parents: Rev. Thomas Hedges

Right, we see this Hedges dude is a danger to all non-thinkers and non-reasoners. His Dad was another deluded Fundy. And oddly enough he followed a similar path as Barry Soetoro. I wonder if he ever spotted Barry at Columbia, as nobody else ever did in two years. Then Hedges moved on, graduating from Harvard Divinity School. Now WTF do they teach in a Divinity School? The latest, cutting edge data on God? Thomas Jefferson and Tom Paine said Theology is the study of nothing and is not a valid subject, because nobody knows what they're talking about. I suspect Hedges knows next to nothing as well, on Divinity...and he is just another talking bible.

Well, he most certainly could have been addressing his penis, asking it why it has to become aroused only in the presence of children.
    Garlicky, methinks you got a little mixed up there. In the first place, God never had a penis to begin with, so obviously he could not have talking to his dick when he said Let There Be Light. (After all, nobody pees or has sex in heaven, so there is no need for genitalia.)

Secondly, I think you're talking about Catholic pedo priests. The less said about them abominations the better.

Garlicky, methinks you got a little mixed up there. In the first place, God never had a penis to begin with, so obviously he could not have talking to his dick when he said Let There Be Light. (After all, nobody pees or has sex in heaven, so there is no need for genitalia.)

Secondly, I think you're talking about Catholic pedo priests. The less said about them abominations the better.
    I agree with myself. If Yahweh speaks to himself a lot in the Bible, then it's OK for moi to talk to meself too...

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post

Belief in God 'childish,' Jews not chosen people: Einstein letter

May 13 08:24 AM US/Eastern

Albert Einstein described belief in God as "childish superstition" and said Jews were not the chosen people, in a letter to be sold in London this week, an auctioneer said Tuesday.

The father of relativity, whose previously known views on religion have been more ambivalent and fuelled much discussion, made the comments in response to a philosopher in 1954.

As a Jew himself, Einstein said he had a great affinity with Jewish people but said they "have no different quality for me than all other people".
    "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.

"No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this," he wrote in the letter written on January 3, 1954 to the philosopher Eric Gutkind, cited by The Guardian newspaper.

MORE- http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
    Why don't people stay at what they do best. For example, Samuel Clemens always wanted to be a successful business man, but at business he was a total failure. Now Einstein fancies himself an expert on religion. Genius? Or Dummkopf?
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Please don't share your fantasies here, vicariously or otherwise.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Very, very few priests have ever been pedophiles, but a small percentage have been child abusers if you define child as between 13 and 18 years of age. Also, they are only one group of many that have a like percentage of pedophiles and child abusers, The largest group might be school teachers, like the guy at Penn State that the coach did not turn in, but also, leaders in the Boy Scouts, sports coaches, music teachers, ministers of other religions, politicians, and many other groups that mostly do not have a higher expectation of high moral fiber as the first mentioned. It's a worldwide phenomenon, not restricted to any one organization.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Sven, are you an atheist? It seems unlikely that any good G-D-fearing person would say something like that?
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Very, very few priests have ever been pedophiles, but a small percentage have been child abusers if you define child as between 13 and 18 years of age. Also, they are only one group of many that have a like percentage of pedophiles and child abusers, The largest group might be school teachers, like the guy at Penn State that the coach did not turn in, but also, leaders in the Boy Scouts, sports coaches, music teachers, ministers of other religions, politicians, and many other groups that mostly do not have a higher expectation of high moral fiber as the first mentioned. It's a worldwide phenomenon, not restricted to any one organization.
    We would likely hold Catholic priests to a higher standard than say professional gamblers (Amarillo Slim comes to mind) and high school coaches, no?
    Similar to my holding Israel to a higher standard than say Syria.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

+ Reply to Thread