+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Einstein: Jews NOT Chosen People, Bible Childish

Default servtitude

I do believe when a person starts to reach his true understanding of what it is to be christlike his is a servant. Enter Sister Theresa and the servant is to the least of my brethern. If we were to have all reveiled to us as man we would probably not resemble our present selves. It is trully a pity on a us that we don't use our own minds to further peace and understanding. Prehaps old albert had the mind but not the heart for true investigation of very being. His brilliance was clouded by science in my oppinion for he was a great thinker and math wiz.I don't think he figuired out how three could be one though. blackchipjim

Default LOL Ark

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    Well, what if there was a terrible flood and it "seemed" to cover the entire earth. What did people of that time know of the size of the entire earth? Could there have been a flood so large that it seemed to cover the entire earth? Could there have been a flood that killed everything in that area of the earth that was not aboard the ark. I don't know whether this is a fable or rooted in truth--never studied it. I'm leaning toward the possibility that a flood did occur, which wiped out civilization in that particular area of the world. Anyone done any study in this area?
    Einstein was right. The Bible is resplendent with childish fables. And like children, (as we see here on this thread) adults are just as easily led astray by spurious claims in the Bible and by the priestly class promoting it. Any (non-christian) scientist will tell you that given the weight of the amount of water required to "flood the entire earth", that would surely make the earth spin off its axis and probably wobble away from its orbit further into the universe. Fairy tales are best left for children, and those with childish minds.

The Bible and Interpretation

Forget about Noah's Ark; There Was No Worldwide Flood

In order to even entertain the possibility of a worldwide flood, one has to bypass all laws of physics, exit the realm of science, and enter into the realm of the miraculous, which many believers are willing to do.

By Robert R. Cargill, Ph.D.
    UCLA Center for Digital Humanities
    UCLA Qumran Visualization Project
    May 2010

See Also: Scholars, Frauds, the Media and the Public

Many people have contacted me about the recent claims by a group called Noah’s Ark Ministries International.1The evangelical organization claims tohave discovered Noah’s ark.2I have responded on several occasions to these dubious claims on my blog.3And still, this group has stood behind their claim,4insisting that what they have found is real based largely on the belief that because the Bible says the flood and the ark are historical, it must be so. So, instead of addressing their spurious claims yet again, I thought I would approach the issue from a different angle: forget about Noah’s ark; there was no world-wide flood.

The worldwide flood described in Genesis 6-9 is not historical, but rather a combination of at least two flood stories, both of which descended from earlier Mesopotamian flood narratives. Notethat this does not mean allof the claims made in the Bible are false (or true for that matter); I am dealing here only with the biblical stories of the flood. (Also understand that the “slippery slope” claim of “all of the Bible is true or none of it is true” is simply an unnecessary rhetorical device designed to keep readers from doing precisely what scholars do every day: analyze each claim in the Bible on a case-by-case basis. It is not necessary to accept an “all or none” stance towards the Bible.)

Most biblical and ancient Near Eastern scholars argue that the flood is a mythical story adopted from earlier Mesopotamian flood accounts. These earlier accounts include the 17th century BCE Sumerian flood myth Eridu Genesis,5the 18th century BCE Akkadian Atra-Hasis Epic,6and the Epic of Gilgamesh,7which are some of the earliest known examples of a literary style of writing. The most complete version of the Epic of Gilgamesh known today is preserved on 12 clay tablets from the library of Assyrian king Ashurbanipal (685-627 BCE). This extant Akkadian version is derived from earlier Sumerian versions.

In the story, Gilgamesh and his companion, a wild man-beast named Enkidu, travel the world on a number of quests that ultimately displease the gods. After the death of Enkidu, Gilgamesh embarks on a journey to learn the secret of eternal life by visiting the immortal flood hero, Utnapishtim. Utnapishtim tells Gilgamesh how the god Ea (equivalent to the Sumerian god Enki) revealed the gods’ plan to destroy all life with a great flood, and how they instructed him to build a vessel in which
    he could save his family, friends, and livestock. After the flood, the gods repented for destroying the world and made Utnapishtim immortal.
    These flood stories appear to have been transmitted to the Israelites early in Israel’s history.

Contact between the Assyrians
    and the Israelites is known from the conquest of Israel and its capitol, Samaria, in 721 BCE by Assyrian King Shalmaneser V (727-722 BCE),8and from the attempted conquest of Jerusalem by the Assyrian King Sennacherib (704-681 BCE). These stories were apparently modified to conform to a monotheistic faith, but retained characteristicssuch as the destruction of nearly all living things via a flood, the salvation of a select few people and animals by the construction of a boat, and the regret of the deity for the flood, prompting a promise not to do so again. Thus, like many of the early stories in Israel’s primordial history,9the flood story appears to be an adaptation and integration of a previously known myth into the theology of Israel.

Read more at SOURCE: http://www.bibleinterp.com/articles/flood357903.shtml
    Last edited by Katweezel; October 14th, 2012 at 02:08 AM. Reason: How did he get the kangaroos from Australia? LOL
    Dogma schmogma

Name:  albert5.jpeg
Views: 50
Size:  9.6 KB
    Dogma schmogma

Name:  He_who_joyfully_marches_-_Albert_Einstein.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  53.2 KBName:  albert99.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  34.1 KB

Default The Business of War

Name:  pentagon-plane.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  36.5 KBName:  pentagon.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  103.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    This guy's a blithering idiot to make such a broad statement as in the first illustration. He should have listened to himself in the second illustration. I guess he'd sit by idly with a gun in his hand and watch in the name of peace while his wife and children were brutally murdered. I only agree with him on some types of war, but when it comes to protecting my family, this cerebral midget can have his high falutin' sentiments-- I'm going to do whatever it takes to save my family. I not only find it justified, I find it to be a moral obligation, and cowardly to do any less.

Why is it when someone is brilliant in one, single aspect of life, people equate that with brilliance in all other aspects of life? Would you trust Einstein to perform open heart surgery on you? I should hope not. Then why would you trust him to make moral prescriptions? His generalization about war is absurd. And this generation is absurd in its worship of science moguls, like Einstein, just as it is with sports greats, like Tiger Woods once was.

Kudos to Einstein as a great physicist! For all the rest, I find him no different than anyone else.
    Last edited by aslan; April 13th, 2014 at 07:09 AM.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

I suppose Einstein felt great guilt for his instrumentality in creating the first atomic weapon. It wasn't his fault that mankind deemed it justified to use it. The world would have discovered nuclear energy with or without him. It's people's fault for using such weapons, not the man who discovered the technology. Rest in peace, Albert Einstein.
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    This guy's a blithering idiot to make such a broad statement as in the first illustration. He should have listened to himself in the second illustration. I guess he'd sit by idly with a gun in his hand and watch in the name of peace while his wife and children were brutally murdered. I only agree with him on some types of war, but when it comes to protecting my family, this cerebral midget can have his high falutin' sentiments-- I'm going to do whatever it takes to save my family. I not only find it justified, I find it to be a moral obligation, and cowardly to do any less.

Why is it when someone is brilliant in one, single aspect of life, people equate that with brilliance in all other aspects of life? Would you trust Einstein to perform open heart surgery on you? I should hope not. Then why would you trust him to make moral prescriptions? His generalization about war is absurd. And this generation is absurd in its worship of science moguls, like Einstein, just as it is with sports greats, like Tiger Woods once was.

Kudos to Einstein as a great physicist! For all the rest, I find him no different than anyone else.
    You got Albert pegged all wrong! When he wrote that the world had just been through the ravages of WW1 with its killing fields, its mustard gas and the usual atrocities on a grand scale, just like out of the Bible. He is railing against the inhumanity of war, and man's homicidal tendencies toward his fellow man... and the silly glorification of all that. Read it again. He is speaking as a true statesman and philosopher... which is one thousand levels above from where you are coming from.

Albert was undoubtedly one of the greatest minds of the 20th century and one of the greatest minds ever. He earned the right to express his views on subjects other than science. I believe the reason you denigrate him is for his less-than-comforting views on the Bible and religion. You may now admit this.

Albert was raised in Judaism and when he was 12 he stated how he realized even then those Bible stories could not be true. He branded them childish. That also applied to his Judaism. When he said that it took great courage because the general population then was more naive, believed what the clerics said, were more easily led and gullible in those days than the (younger ones) are today... all because of the Internet and people like moi in their thousands who put captions on religious pictures with a view to exposing fraud and superstitious nonsense.

Albert (and Buddha) both said QUESTION EVERYTHING. The devout of the faith cannot abide such heresy. Those two words alone show what great men these giants from history were.
    Last edited by Katz; April 14th, 2014 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Ol Glory

Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    According to the Creation Museum, there were probably pairs from each family, rather than genus or species. After getting off of the ark, there was micro-evolution, i.e. foxes, wolves, and dogs from one pair that was on the ark.
    So even Creationists believe in forms of evolution?!
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Quote Originally Posted by QFIT View Post
    According to the creation museum, Fred Flintstone was a real person.
    This is true. I have pictures to prove it. It's not generally known but Fred's vehicle was also on Noah's Ark.

Name:  flint4.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  11.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by QFIT View Post
    According to the creation museum, Fred Flintstone was a real person.
    This is true. I have pictures to prove it. It's not generally known but Fred's vehicle was also on Noah's Ark.

Attachment 27534
    Qfit and Katz, the dynamic duo of religion-bashers!
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Qfit and Katz, the dynamic duo of religion-bashers!
    Religion is resplendent with things to bash and that need bashing.

Biblical Guidelines –
    God's treatment for leprosy:
    Get two birds. Kill one. Dip the live bird in the blood of the dead one. Sprinkle the blood on the leper seven times, and then let the blood-soaked bird fly off. Next find a lamb and kill it. Wipe some of its blood on the patient's right ear, thumb, and big toe.

Sprinkle seven times with oil and wipe some of the oil on his right ear, thumb and big toe. Repeat. Finally kill a couple doves and offer one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering.
    (from Leviticus 14:2-32)

Biblical Guidelines –
    Avoid Exercise!

"But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come."

– St Paul (1 Timothy 4.7-8)
    Last edited by Katz; April 14th, 2014 at 07:22 AM.

You got Albert pegged all wrong! When he wrote that the world had just been through the ravages of WW1 with its killing fields, its mustard gas and the usual atrocities on a grand scale, just like out of the Bible. He is railing against the inhumanity of war, and man's homicidal tendencies toward his fellow man... and the silly glorification of all that. Read it again. He is speaking as a true statesman and philosopher... which is one thousand levels above from where you are coming from.

Albert was undoubtedly one of the greatest minds of the 20th century and one of the greatest minds ever. He earned the right to express his views on subjects other than science. I believe the reason you denigrate him is for his less-than-comforting views on the Bible and religion. You may now admit this.

Albert was raised in Judaism and when he was 12 he stated how he realized even then those Bible stories could not be true. He branded them childish. That also applied to his Judaism. When he said that it took great courage because the general population then was more naive, believed what the clerics said, were more easily led and gullible in those days than the (younger ones) are today... all because of the Internet and people like moi in their thousands who put captions on religious pictures with a view to exposing fraud and superstitious nonsense.

Albert (and Buddha) both said QUESTION EVERYTHING. The devout of the faith cannot abide such heresy. Those two words alone show what great men these giants from history were.
    Well, for so brilliant a man, he certainly did not make it clear that he was only talking about the Germans and the Japanese. I suppose communications was not his forte, because I would have sworn he was talking about war in general and not making any effort to distinguish between the instigators of war and those who defend themselves from them. If that is the case, my humble apologies, Mr. Einstein, but henceforth try to make yourself better understood.

Christians, too, question everything, and like Alberto, who discovered relativity and began to teach it as what he believed to be fact, so Christians, once they discover truth, they no longer question it, but teach it as what they believe to be fact. You'd improve yourself a lot if you'd open your mind to the Christian faith in the spirit of your hero, Albert E., who would be disgusted by your repeated distortion and ridicule of what you do not begin to understand. Your mind is like that of an infant who thinks the world is no larger than his home. Slowly it will dawn on the infant that the earth extends to a neighborhood as well. And so it goes. The dog barks and the caravan moves on.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Quote Originally Posted by blackchipjim View Post
    I do believe when a person starts to reach his true understanding of what it is to be christlike his is a servant. Enter Sister Theresa and the servant is to the least of my brethern. If we were to have all reveiled to us as man we would probably not resemble our present selves. It is trully a pity on a us that we don't use our own minds to further peace and understanding. Prehaps old albert had the mind but not the heart for true investigation of very being. His brilliance was clouded by science in my oppinion for he was a great thinker and math wiz.I don't think he figuired out how three could be one though. blackchipjim
    Albert was not the only one who never could figure out your Catholic trinity concept. And as for Mother Teresa, why did she send $50M to the Vatican, leaving nothing in the bank for all those starving Indians? Was that how she bought her sainthood?

Albert was not the only one who never could figure out your Catholic trinity concept. And as for Mother Teresa, why did she send $50M to the Vatican, leaving nothing in the bank for all those starving Indians? Was that how she bought her sainthood?
    So where did she get $50 million? I didn't know nuns got paid that much. But, did you know that the Vatican is the largest benefactor of starving and poor people everywhere? That's something to think about Katfish. Even if they talk to an old man hiding in the clouds, they sure have been doing a lot of good for millions of people lately. Leave them alone-- they're harmless now, and all they do is good. Even the priest scandals are behind us now. We need some supporters like you to help make the Katholic Church better now than it ever was before, and with your help we can do it (in fact, without your help we can do it, but we'd rather have you along for the ride). Let's make the 21st century the year of Katholics! You have to admit, it does a lot better than other institutions we have-- the American political system, mega-corporations, big labor, multi-national banks, insurance companies, the oil cartel, etc. Let's make this year the year of the Kat-- Katholics, that is.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

+ Reply to Thread